Managing in Brazil

I'm quite overwhelmed with all of the state championships, stages, leagues, and teams in general. Especially from England where everything is straight-forward.

I'm going to manage a Third Division team. I think there are 16 groups for stage one. The first two teams are promoted, last two relegated. But too where? A group down? (Ex. Group 4 to 5) Where does the top group promoters go?

Are the stages for the overall Third Division winner? And what are the State Championships? Obvioulsy a cup but...

Well you can see I'm confused.

Any response will be well needed. Thanks:)

I'm quite overwhelmed with all of the state championships, stages, leagues, and teams in general. Especially from England where everything is straight-forward.

I'm going to manage a Third Division team. I think there are 16 groups for stage one. The first two teams are promoted, last two relegated. But too where? A group down? (Ex. Group 4 to 5) Where does the top group promoters go?

Are the stages for the overall Third Division winner? And what are the State Championships? Obvioulsy a cup but...

Well you can see I'm confused.

Any response will be well needed. Thanks:)

Really easy when you get used to it. The season is split into two halves:

First half of the season you play the "State Championships" think of them as regional cups.

Depending on the number of teams in your "State" the rules vary and you'll need to check them but normally you play each team once or twice and there might be a knockout stage at the end. You can also be relegated if you finish down the bottom into something not covered by FM.

Second half of the season is the "National League" this is your "normal" league competition. Split into groups of eight you play everybody twice. Top two qualify for the knockout stage with the two finalists being promoted. Bottom two in your group get relegated to "Non-league"

k cool.

What determines what state cup your in? Your region? Do teams from all divisions have a cup?

If you get promoted in the national league thing, do you move to the second division?

This will take some getting used too;)

k cool.

What determines what state cup your in? Your region? Do teams from all divisions have a cup?

If you get promoted in the national league thing, do you move to the second division?

This will take some getting used too;)

Its hard to get promoted as you have to qualify for the knockout stage then win four knockout rounds but if you do you go to the Second Division which is more the type of league competition you are used to.

Where your team is from determines which State Championship you compete in but you are likely to come across the same teams as your National League Group. I fairly certain the State Championships are only for lower league teams as the First & Second Divisions are bigger and also compete in the Brazilian Cup.

Also want to add that if you win your State Championship you get to compete in the Brazilian Cup the following season.

Its hard to get promoted as you have to qualify for the knockout stage then win four knockout rounds but if you do you go to the Second Division which is more the type of league competition you are used to.

Where your team is from determines which State Championship you compete in but you are likely to come across the same teams as your National League Group. I fairly certain the State Championships are only for lower league teams as the First & Second Divisions are bigger and also compete in the Brazilian Cup.

Also want to add that if you win your State Championship you get to compete in the Brazilian Cup the following season.

Correct, although the state championships are for the top clubs as well (e.g first and second division teams).

Some states will be very easy and will have no 1st/2nd division sides in them, but others, such as the Sao Paulo state championship will be much harder, for example they have sao paulo, corinthians,palmeiras etc all in that state.

Also, Managing in brasil is awesome, im currently managing SC Genus de Porto Velho, who began in the 3rd division, and managed to take them to the first division in 2 years! as well as winning the Rondonia state championships 3 times. Most fun ive had in any of my saves.

Apparently the state championships are regarded as very important in brasil, as important as the 'normal' national divisions.

I think so, i presume you would simply not parcipitate in it anymore, but still play in the national division. Its possible that you would be re-entered into it by performing well in the national division

I fairly certain the State Championships are only for lower league teams as the First & Second Divisions are bigger and also compete in the Brazilian Cup.

Bigger teams also compete in State Championships, but they don't take it seriously, they use it more like a preparation for Serie A (or B). Brazilian Championship is quite recent, it have stared in 1971, before that, State Championships were the most important competition but their importance is decreasing year after year.

There are now a new Serie D, fist year was 2009, but it isn't in FM, as lower divisions in States Championships aren't too.

Those groups in Serie C are composed based in geographic proximity. Same way in Serie D.

Bigger teams also compete in State Championships, but they don't take it seriously, they use it more like a preparation for Serie A (or B). Brazilian Championship is quite recent, it have stared in 1971, before that, State Championships were the most important competition but their importance is decreasing year after year.

There are now a new Serie D, fist year was 2009, but it isn't in FM, as lower divisions in States Championships aren't too.

Those groups in Serie C are composed based in geographic proximity. Same way in Serie D.

Awesome, and I use it as a preparation! :D:D:D

I might be getting this wrong but there if there are 100 plus teams in the third tier how many would be in Serie D?

In 2009 ( not included in FM10) , Serie C (the third tier) split and only has 20 teams, and Serie D has 40...i think

Beat to it hahaha

Brazil <3

I took gama from Serie C to Serie A in 2 seasons.

Also almost beat Real Madrid with gremio in fifa world cup, only used kids. (they scored on extra time >_> , so much for the trebbel. :p)

@AcidBurn: Only FM09 had 100+ teams in Serie C, they have since then split C into C and D but sadly its not included in FM10 >_>

Cool, thanks for the answers guys the coverage of Brazilian football is extremely limited in England. So the whole set up will be different for FM11 then?

Sorry for the stupid questions the lower Brazilian leagues have interested me since I had a save on FM08 with ADESG, unfortunately they don't seem to be a playable team anymore.

Brazil <3

I took gama from Serie C to Serie A in 2 seasons.

Also almost beat Real Madrid with gremio in fifa world cup. (they scored on extra time >_>)

@AcidBurn: Only FM09 had 100+ teams in Serie C, they have since then split C into C and D but sadly its not included in FM10 >_>

NICE:thup::D

Cool, thanks for the answers guys the coverage of Brazilian football is extremely limited in England. So the whole set up will be different for FM11 then?

Sorry for the stupid questions the lower Brazilian leagues have interested me since I had a save on FM08 with ADESG, unfortunately they don't seem to be a playable team anymore.

it should be different hopefully :)

Serie C has 20 teams now.

Top four clubes, the ones which qualified to the quarterfinals, ascends to the Campeonato Brasileiro Série B

The bottom four clubs will relegate to Série D (not playebole in fm10)

lol, 62k in debt on the first day of the season not a good sign.

hahahahaha i think they have a good team though, and my team were in debt a lot until i got into the first division and could sell people for a million who id signed for free!

Well this thread has got me about to start a game as Criciuma not sure why just picked a random team.

Good Luck! Will be starting a new save in Serie C myself.

I have been slacking.. ;s

lol, 62k in debt on the first day of the season not a good sign.

You can pick up alot of free players and even loan alot of skilled players for nil cent from Serie A clubs.

What is the correct year to start in if you know what I mean, don't want any records with a year missing or something.

Pretty sure its 2008, iv always started with the last option.

What is the correct year to start in if you know what I mean, don't want any records with a year missing or something.

December I think, as then you will start at the start of the season, with the state championship first, and a new batch of youngsters in january. not certain though

i forget can you choose december 2008 and december 2009?

no home grown rules, just the max of 3 foreign players :)

Indeed.. more leagues could have this..

I don't think iv ever used a foreign player while managing in brazil.. there is just to many talented kids <3

Indeed.. more leagues could have this..

I don't think iv ever used a foreign player while managing in brazil.. there is just to many talented kids <3

True, i have 1 colombian and an ivorian, both youngsters and thats it :D

Not done a save in 10.3 but enjoyed managing Remo in 10.2. They have a really easy State Championship with only 2-3 other Division 3 (Serie C) teams. The State loan is quite frightening right at the start of the game, but it's easy to loan in players. You can also pick up some decent players for free from non-league teams.

Tactically the 4-2-2-2 seems to dominate. I was surprised by one team playing 4-2-3-1 and their wingers tore me apart on their unbelievably wide pitch :o.

Signed up as unemployed and got the Figuierense job stright away. Will start in Brasil's 2nd Division, favourites for the Santa Catarina State Championship, 'la Catariniense'.

Let the samba start.

Which puzzles me, how come I get this job straight away whereas as an English unemployed, I had to wait until 3/4 months in, until Droylesden in the BSN offered me a job. Started as automatic on both ocassions.

:rolleyes:

you say that serie D and lower state champ. havnt been included.. would it be possible for somebody to be able to create that leagues using the editor? i would love for the brazilian league to be extended further, only im no good at editing myself!

Signed up as unemployed and got the Figuierense job stright away. Will start in Brasil's 2nd Division, favourites for the Santa Catarina State Championship, 'la Catariniense'.

Let the samba start.

Which puzzles me, how come I get this job straight away whereas as an English unemployed, I had to wait until 3/4 months in, until Droylesden in the BSN offered me a job. Started as automatic on both ocassions.

:rolleyes:

In my save there were loads of Brazilian clubs with no managers to start off with so that may be why. not sure though

I just wish I was better tactically so I could get a good 4-2-2-2 box midfield up and running.

I got it working fairly well but lacked a little going forward.

I used 2*DMs, a ball winner or anchor man (defend) + a deep lying playmaker (support).

then 2*MCs, a central mid (support) + an advanced playmaker (attack).

Holy smokes lol .. check this .. bet the vasco manager is mad. :p

I was hoping to not get let in more then 5 goals, but this ;o clean sheet of godlikeness

2n87nvc.jpg

Archived