The New Start | FM-You

logo.gif

Hello

You might never of heard of FM-You.co.cc but it began back in Aug 2009. since then its had its ups and downs. I have now decided to reset the database. This is a chance for a new start, With new staff and an exciting opportunity for those of you who want to be a moderator. There is currently a new 1 position open.

As I said its brand new. The first few members will receive free VIP for a month. We also have a comp going on were you can in a months VIP.

So i hope to see you on the site!

http://fm-you.co.cc

Manythanks,

Joel

-----------------------------------------------------

Here are some features we have on fm-you!

Ever noticed those colour at the top right?

colourl.jpg

If you press one while browsing the forum it will change the colour of the forum!

Each time you post it will up your rep on the forum. Here, this will explane it

clubgroups.jpg

Vips Only :-)

Press Home at the top and scroll down, On the Left hand side you will see a Chat Box, and you can speak to other members on the forum!

Notice: The bit where you type is next to 'Shout'

VIPS Only

Your name is in gold!

VIPs Only!

Your own section on the forum

VIPs Only!

Your own skin on the forum! ( optional )

Again? How many times now?

Plus you're a basic FM site that has been done time and time again with you offering about two downloads compared to FMG, LW and F-P who offer 100s.

Firstly, What do you mean " How many times now "

Secondly, Yes we have 2 downloads cause if you read the first post I clearly said "I have now decided to reset the database." and " its brand new." so I doubt there is going to be loads of downloads if we are new and i have had a fresh db fitted

I mean has this thread been posted, this is like the fifth.

You have two downloads because you redid the database though my site got wiped and it has about 30 though still and guides etc..., my advice would be release when you have content not before because sites with no content mainly die.

Also, if it is new then you still have the scrolling avatars which look just cheap to be honest.

Did I say I expect this site to have 1000s? No. I said they have nothing over the big FM sites that have 1000s of downloads, if I were to go to a site I would rather choose one with lots of stuff and posts than one with nothing and rely on me to post lots.

Yes whoopee for your site. Look I appreciate your comments. But as I said in the first post WE ARE NEW. I have put the site up to get members to post files and stuff up.

And no this isn't the 5th time this site has been posted. Its the first time I have ever posted it. Its been posted one other time by a member but that was last year.

Also, if it is new then you still have the scrolling avatars which look just cheap to be honest.

Look mate, Its my first shot at this. There is no need for you to come and shout about it. I am just trying to get members as Pembo said. Also I have a guide for every single premiership club what will be added soon... Please stop being negative.

You started in August and have had the site changed three times, not new in my opinion and I said fifth.

I am not slating you but this is a typical FM site, no originality and requires lots of leg work from members which should be done by staff and you have nothing over the big sites (which is bad and hence why it has failed). The scene is tough, you really need to find a gap and exploit it.

pembo3000 - Are you on this site, perhaps?

It started in August, changed in January when someone posted it and changed again, I count that as three.

I haven't been a member but I have seen the threads, I am not "shouting" I am trying to help you as at the moment you must realise if the decision was between you and an equally new site (The Away Stand) you will loose members every time as you have nothing over them from downloads to discussion and your relying on one or two members to post when you should have the staff to do that.

It started in August, changed in January when someone posted it and changed again, I count that as three.

I haven't been a member but I have seen the threads, I am not "shouting" I am trying to help you as at the moment you must realise if the decision was between you and an equally new site (The Away Stand) you will loose members every time as you have nothing over them from downloads to discussion and your relying on one or two members to post when you should have the staff to do that.

Well I haven't posted it once... Yes and as I keep repeating we are new so yes we don't have any downloads up on the forum at this present time.

How is it spamming? Spamming is going off topic which this is not as it is on the site, your post to me was spam though as it wasn't about the forum.

The whole point of having a site is taking comments on board and if I can't give comments now then the whole "forum" attitude has changed since I started on the scene three years ago.

As I said, I am giving my views about the site, that is not idiotic at all.

How is it spamming? Spamming is going off topic which this is not as it is on the site, your post to me was spam though as it wasn't about the forum.

The whole point of having a site is taking comments on board and if I can't give comments now then the whole "forum" attitude has changed since I started on the scene three years ago.

As I said, I am giving my views about the site, that is not idiotic at all.

Yes you got your point across on your first post. Scott is right, Your spamming going on and on about the same thing. I am thankful for your comments.

Neither was yours, nor was your sarcasm after I posted. It works both ways.

I have got my point across and seeing as I know what I am talking about and as a "new admin" I would say you would want help and comments but seeing as you don't as you cannot take negativity though next month when no one joins because your site offers nothing new or different from others then I will leave this thread unless I deem it suitable to reply to.

Yes, I go on about crap though I have the biggest FMH site on the scene and I have links to quite a few other FM admins including Fever-Pitch, The Away Stand, FMG Live and others which have failed.

Please so saying How many times is it now. and this is like the 5th time. is just not needed. i dont really know how this site works, as i come from base. but still on any respectful forum. you would be considered a forum troll and a spammer

So giving opinions is trolling and spamming?

I would say jumping on my back for giving opinions was more flaming than anything.

Your Opinion are Negatie and not really needed. do you really think a site that he has just chaged and re-done will have a lot of downloads on them, unless he nicks loads and claims them off as his own? didnt think so. this thread is designed to try and attract a few more memebers, not for you to start picking faults. if you wanted to pick faults with the site. you should become a member, and put suggestions in that section.

Sorry, I will lie and say it is amazing.

A new site shouldn't have lots of downloads, I didn't say that but the admins/mods should at least spend some time doing a few downloads and threads before opening.

Any feedback should surely go on there site not this one. and there are a few threads opened.

Little update for you all, I have now added Guides for all the premiership teams. Added some skins, Some tactics have been added. Got some shortlists and we now have a new member who is making kits and stuff. So its coming along nice

I'd just like to say that I agree with dec - being a respected admin of a number of sites on the scene over the past 7 years which have been successful, and like dec, am part of the SI affiliate scheme.

There is nothing wrong with starting a free site with no effort, no money, no anything, charging people for VIP Privileges which don't offer ANYTHING - and then claiming it's coming along nicely.

However, I can safely guarantee you will never reach the heights of TheAwayStand, LosWonderkids, etc without following the advice of other web masters such as dec, and others.

From what I can tell, having read about 8 advertising threads for FM-You, and browsing the site for a few minutes before getting bored, your doing things totally wrong and going about things the incorrect way, and ultimately just making yourself look like a some clueless bloke who hasn't the slightest idea about how to run any form of website.

However I wish you all the best of luck.

I don't understand what the site is doing wrong here? It's new, and it's really refreshing to see fresh blood try their hand at running a fansite. Good luck with it all I say.

I don't like the attitude of some people who pretty much DEMAND their views be listened to just because of the number of years you've run a website. No-one ever starts off running a great site first time around. You learn from things you've not done right and improve on the things you have done right. Please don't start saying "you are doing it wrong, I should know, because I'm an admin" (yes, I'm paraphrasing here).

In my view, the site does need some work. Firstly, the portal isn't really doing you any favours as it is very heavily forum focussed and I find it hard to find any of the FM content. Is it in the forum, or is it on the main site? It's also very cramped. Maybe lose the left or right column?

I don't understand what the site is doing wrong here? It's new, and it's really refreshing to see fresh blood try their hand at running a fansite. Good luck with it all I say.

I don't like the attitude of some people who pretty much DEMAND their views be listened to just because of the number of years you've run a website. No-one ever starts off running a great site first time around. You learn from things you've not done right and improve on the things you have done right. Please don't start saying "you are doing it wrong, I should know, because I'm an admin" (yes, I'm paraphrasing here).

In my view, the site does need some work. Firstly, the portal isn't really doing you any favours as it is very heavily forum focussed and I find it hard to find any of the FM content. Is it in the forum, or is it on the main site? It's also very cramped. Maybe lose the left or right column?

Yes, I have had to put that skin up for a day or too while i get this other one sorted out.

Thank you for your nice comments. I appreciate it.

Is there anyway you can delete all these negative comments, Its making people not want to come onto the site.

Like I say, there's nothing wrong with starting a site etc, Caley - you must have misunderstood me - but Joel you won't get anywhere unless you take comments onboard - everything originally mentione dby Dec, and mentioned by me has been constructive, fair enough if you don't want to listen but to just say 'stop spamming, leave us alone' etc is probably the wrong way to go about it - we're just trying to help. It's harsh, but if we lied to you, you wouldn't get anywhere.

We're just trying to help, and if you need advice on anything my PM box always has room. :)

Like I say, there's nothing wrong with starting a site etc, Caley - you must have misunderstood me - but Joel you won't get anywhere unless you take comments onboard - everything originally mentione dby Dec, and mentioned by me has been constructive, fair enough if you don't want to listen but to just say 'stop spamming, leave us alone' etc is probably the wrong way to go about it - we're just trying to help. It's harsh, but if we lied to you, you wouldn't get anywhere.

We're just trying to help, and if you need advice on anything my PM box always has room. :)

Yes thanks mate, Listen I do appreciate your comments and i have taken them into account, I have now got another admin on board with plenty of Experience. So hopefully he will help me get it all sorted out.

Archived