How popular is FM outside of Britain?

It's quite ignorant to think that this game only sells in Britain..

It's not that popular as a game, but it's the most popular football sim game, not just in Europe but everywhere.

In Israel it's the only game we play here (football sim), CM is horrible, FIFA is for braindead kids.

Although me and my friends prefer CM 01/02..

its the leading managersim in both holland and belgium

a definate sell out in both countries unlike fifa manager and CM

however its more popular in holland then belgium

Cycling is a bigger sport then football in belgium

FM is very popular in brazil, as are other football games like FIFA and PES series, there are many league updates and carrer stories made by the brazilian community for FM, and also there are "patches" made by fans for PES series which includes brazilian leagues, pretty much anything that involves football is popular here.

Seems to be popular here in Spain. By comparison, it holds it's RRP in the games stores, much longer than a lot of the other football games.

That suggests to me that the retailers aren't struggling to sell it, therefore don't have to drop the price to encourage the stock to move, like with some of the other games.

I play it here in hillbilly West Virginia. Could probably get a couple others to play it, but I haven't brought it up. Had a roommate play it, but it was a bit complicated for his simple mind.

As far as I can tell it's pretty popular worldwide. I see posters from Middle East, all over Europe, South America, Mexico, Aussie, and a lot from Asia (China/Korea/Japan/Thailand).

I have a few mates that play it here in Australia, but they are from Britain themselves. :)

Is it possible I am reading this message?! As it came from the future :eek:

Or should I only be able to view this message in like 10 hours time! Confusing!

Is it possible I am reading this message?! As it came from the future :eek:

Or should I only be able to view this message in like 10 hours time! Confusing!

Yeh, in the future, we play football with our hands :eek:.

I should have seen what you posted 8 hours ago, so I know what you’re going to say, even before you know you are going to say it. Eugh.. haha.

Don’t start on this subject, it hurts my head.

Well for the few people who enjoy football in the U.S. (compared to the world) FM is the most popular sim. There is even WSM for the U.S. Most people here like regular FIFA though.

I've seen a lot of Aussies on this forum too. Heck, St. Marys even beat Villanova.;)

Little Englanders :thdn:

Just look at where people on these boards post from - everywhere! And, as said, all the fansites. Open your eyes!

I'm just not that informed about where players are from. But I'm not making out that it's bad, everyone should be playing FM! :D

Here in the U.S., I'm the only person I know who plays it, and one of very few who have even heard of it. I know two people that play FIFA Manager though.

Last spring I spent a semester in Slovakia and saw FM09 for sale in game stores there, but I don't know how well it sold.

Cant imagine anyone playing FM in Iraq or Afghanistan though

i saw a post from a guy in afghanistan in the good player&team guide forum so there are people playing there

on topic here in Roumania it's the no1 football manager game by far. i know a lot of people who play it

I, as a South African, play it. But I don't actually know any other South African who plays it.

By now all of my friends know about the game as I constantly talk about it, but none of them play it themselves.

As a couple other Americans have said before, I too am the only person here who I know that plays or is even aware of FM :(

It seems that here in America people are more interested in actually playing the football instead of managing it and FIFA '10 wins the popularity contest there.

I couldn't say if the game is as big in Sweden as it is in Britain (probably not though), but yeah it's quite popular here. A quick search taught me that FM09 apparently was one of the most pre ordered games here at the time.

Dont know anyone else but me that plays it around here in the appalachian mountains..:) soccer is definately not popular here eventhough its growing but I don't think this area is ready yet for a footie sim..:)

Dont know anyone else but me that plays it around here in the appalachian mountains..:) soccer is definately not popular here eventhough its growing but I don't think this area is ready yet for a footie sim..:)

You must have missed my post where I said I'm from West Virginia.

Archived