Do you Cheat

Now everyone at one time or another has cheated on FM, I used too back in the day save my game before a big match like The FA Cup final or The Champions League final and if I lost I would just quit and load me game up......stopped it back in FM09 because you just dont feel any sense of accomplishment from it.

I also done the classic taking over Utd when your say Luton Town and selling your reserve players for £20m :D

So have you ever cheated or do younin fact cheat now and if so what do you do?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

been playing fm for about two years and only in the last week have i actually went a whole season without cheating. and i feel alot better about the game. feel like ive just started playing it really.

i used to save and reload in cup finals etc. id save and reload against fierce rivals as well, id maybe even reload if i got a major injury. im embarassed to admit that. but now im on the right track.

Most people who cheat furiously deny that they do. Just look at the ridiculous title of this thread that's live now:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php?t=197656

Do you consider using the corner cheat to be cheating?

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nah, that one's closed now. It apparently decended into "back biting". :p

In answer to the OP's question, I used to, but I don't anymore.

I've been playing since the early days of CM and have never cheated. I've never reloaded the game once, never added a 'cheat' manager for another team, nothing. I just like to play it as it comes. For me, the disasters and disappointments are every bit as memorable as the success.

I gaurentee EVERYONE has cheated at least one, even just to try it out lol

The money cheat I used to use a lot back in the CM days and early FM days, aint used that one in bout 4 years now

I got a question, I tried to cheat with the RealTime editor, using it to change my sponsorship deals, but no matter what value i entered I couldnt get what I wanted. Anyone know if theres like a limit that I have to operate within or something?

I gaurentee EVERYONE has cheated at least one

No you don't.

---

As for me, I've never cheated on FM.

Closest I've been to cheating is using the 'player search' function while at lower level clubs to find local free agents to simulate open tryout applications.

I don't see the point of cheating.

It's meant to be a simulation and for me, I just like to enjoy the experience - win or lose - it isn't real.

I don't feel any worse about myself if I lose a cup final and it certainly doesn't make me feel like smashing my computer.

I don't see the point of cheating.

It's meant to be a simulation and for me, I just like to enjoy the experience - win or lose - it isn't real.

I don't feel any worse about myself if I lose a cup final and it certainly doesn't make me feel like smashing my computer.

Good for you, however you miss the point completely. Cheating is just a way of playing the game differently for a change if needed(not that i always do it btw).

Many years ago on one of the first ever CM's I used to cheat by adding 3 other managers and selling my rubbish players to them getting loads of cash and building a great squad. It was the version where Nii Lamptey was at villa I think and was awesome lol. Always bought him. Nowadays I don't cheat it just makes winning anything more enjoyable

From playing championship manager 97/97 through to championship manager 03/04 and football manager 2005 to 2010, I havent cheated once! Would completly take the fun out of the game and youd only be cheating yourself!

Iv seen on other forums of people managing a team like grimsby town and saying theyve won the fa cup n league cup in the very first season, absolutly insisting they havent cheated, ye right!..... lol

I got a question, I tried to cheat with the RealTime editor, using it to change my sponsorship deals, but no matter what value i entered I couldnt get what I wanted. Anyone know if theres like a limit that I have to operate within or something?

That's a question for the FMRTE thread in the Editors forum. This thread isn't about HOW to cheat :eek:

In a game I'm trying stuff out in yeah. I save and re-loaded on many an occasion. Especially if we're playing Liverpool. There's no way I'm getting beat by that lot.

Plus reading about my artificial exploits is all warm and fuzzy.

But in my 'career' game, no.

Oh yeah, and I used to edit the liverpool player's stats to make them on the verge of a mental breakdown all the time. It was ace :)

I've always been a bit annoyed at the ridiculous asking prices for players in the top divisions, yes I know you should be expected to pay large sums for good players but it can get ridiculous when you end up having to pay almost all of your budget for anyone decent, up to double value is fair enough but 4 times or more is a bit much so I do add managers in but only to buy (and sell) at face value. I have pushed it a little far in the past but now I adhere to the 'given value' rule strictly so I can't get plenty of money for my rubbish players and I still have to pay a considerable amount of money for really good players (as 10-20M is still a sizable amount for most clubs, as is 30M+ for just about anyone). It was interesting when attempting a challenge recently to have to cope without it for once, though it was at a low enough level for it not to make a difference. As far as cheating goes I don't think it's that bad (especially with very narrow self-imposed conditions) but I recognize that it very much still is and put my hands up. We all have our standards, hopefully we can respect other peoples'.

I don't cheat in the sense of reloading or using scouting utilities, but I'm sure some people would class things I do as cheating if they set themselves certain standards. Things like searching for staff members by using filters for attributes or using the player search screen.

In a game I'm trying stuff out in yeah. I save and re-loaded on many an occasion. Especially if we're playing Liverpool. There's no way I'm getting beat by that lot.

Plus reading about my artificial exploits is all warm and fuzzy.

But in my 'career' game, no.

Oh yeah, and I used to edit the liverpool player's stats to make them on the verge of a mental breakdown all the time. It was ace :)

Yeah in my proper/career games i wouldn't bother cheating, but in the other games all i'll do is basically give my teams aload of cash to spend/ move a few star players to my team that i'lld like to see perform on the pitch,its not really about winning/losing but i do also pick up a few new things in regards to how to make tactics work also so that keeps it being fun for me.:cool:

I cheated yesterday. I added a new manager at England, then retired (and took the England job myself). But that is because I think Gerrard deserved to be sacked after England's poor performance in the Euro's.

I have used this manager before; at the end of the 13/14 season, I was on the verge of a potentially double winning season with Chelsea, but I saw Wednesday were nearly being relegated; so I added a new manager at Wednesday, saved them, while in the meantime continuing with Chelsea (I won the league, but lost the CL final). Then in the summer I retired my new manager, and moved from Chelsea to Wednesday.

I always remember on the 93/94 update for CM 1 that if you added the Tranmere manager and called him Mr Bulgaria then you got £30 million which back then was alot of money in the game! There was also a cheat formation so you never lost.

I find that when I am playing my Chelsea save I cheat a bit more when I lose to a club I deem inferior or I don't win a CL final. I suppose it's because I support the club in RL and want to see them do well in the game. I've started an Arsenal save recently and haven't cheated once and I'm in the beginning of the 3rd season.

Back in CM 03/04 I did, but I was so young/rubbish I never got close to finals much anyway. It was just managing Arsenal and mucking about in the transfer window, then playing the first few games in the season, then I'd start again with a new club.

Guest markyosullivan

I used to cheat all the time. I think I've done the money cheat (Add another manager to be R. Madrid manager, they buy my really bad players). And I've done the winning cheat (add another manager to the team you're playing next) but I haven't done the winning cheat on FM10 I don't think, just the save one. :p

I used to cheat when I was young and first got into management games but now I find it just totally drains the fun out of the game so don't see the point in doing it.

Yup, exactly the same as me.

When I first started playing CM01/02. I would always cheat, but I was young and loved it either way :D

Now I take FM way too seriously to even consider cheating, would completely ruin the experience.

I still refuse to use Genie/FMRTE or anything else like that. I refuse to edit the datebase in anyway either. (Except I did use a Level 10 thing).

I am quite happy to know if a player is -9 or whatever, but I would hate knowing their exact PA in my game. I like the fact on gambling on players, and relying on scouts. :)

I've never cheated on this or any other game, I don't see the point personally.

For me it would feel dirty and I'm quite happy to play games as the developers wanted the game to be played.

I play alot of FPS games and have never bunny-hopped or dolphin dived or used any exploits in the game engine to give myself a lead, I play for fun, not nessarcarily to "win", tho it is nice when I do obviously :p

I tend not to cheat, but I bet I'm the only one who quit when I was winning 7-0 and some **** on the other team scored. I was much happier with the 2 or 3-1 win I got in the second game.

I used to cheat last time by reloading games which I have lost but I no longer do this now. Instead , I cheat by reloading my opponent's results against other teams. For eg, i am managing newcastle and Man u is enjoying their unbeaten run so i will purposely reload their result against chelsea so as to see them lose and cut their lead . At least this makes me feel less guilty as compared to reloading my own game .

I did a lot in the past when I didn't really understand tactics etc, but I rarely do now.

I have FMRTE installed cause I make saves to mess around on, but I'll use it on my main saves now and the for example if I get a horrendous list of injuries

My favourite ever 'cheat' was on a manager game called FourFourTwo: Touchline Passion (I actually think it was, once you allow for its shallowness compared to CM, the best manager game of its time). You would offer, say £5m for a player, the club negotiated and said they wanted £15m. You would offer £5m again, they'd go down to £14m, you would offer £5m again, they'd go down to £12m, etc until you got the player for £5m.

My favourite ever 'cheat' was on a manager game called FourFourTwo: Touchline Passion (I actually think it was, once you allow for its shallowness compared to CM, the best manager game of its time). You would offer, say £5m for a player, the club negotiated and said they wanted £15m. You would offer £5m again, they'd go down to £14m, you would offer £5m again, they'd go down to £12m, etc until you got the player for £5m.

lol, that would take too long for my liking!

To be honest i have cheated in the past and still do cheat, my reasons are simple, alot of people say that they like the realism of football manager which is fair enough however my team west ham have not had any success for years in real life so when i pay 40 quid to play football manager i dont wanna spend a year struggling to make west ham the best club in the world just to go and buy the next years edition of the game and do it all again and since 08 its been getting harder and harder to become successful so i cheat to see west ham where i want them to be in real life!! but this is how i like to play the game but i respect that alot of people dont share my views which is fine after all it is only a game ;)

thats a fair comment mate about west ham, who wants to take 10 seasons to win a european trophy with a small club when u can do it in 2 hehe, the time u won the european cup with west ham legit fm 2011 would allrdy be out.

lol, that would take too long for my liking!

If I recall correctly, which I probably don't, I think their negotiation came back as soon as you continued the game; so you could wrap up a deal such as in my example within a week.

It used 3d match graphics about 6 years before FM did, and it had two excellent feature: a classic mode, where you could play as legendary teams, such as AC Milan 88/90, and Liverpool 80/84 (not sure if they were the exact years), in a league against each other. Also, you could play some random season, I think it was the 80/81 season.

If I found the editor in any way good on FM, I'd possibly try and recreate the classic mode for FM10.

Archived