Todays match abandoned....

Im not a hardcore player and dont tend to play at the lower leagues(I tend to stick with newcastle being a toon fan)

Playing as Notts county, all ready to play an FA Cup game against Nantwich(who?) and i comes up that todays match with Nantwich has been cancelled due to a water logged pitch.

just wondering, does this happen often in game? Im loving the realism of it all, as it is November.

Was looking forward to it as well.

Any other reasons matches have been cancelled on same day?

Cheers big ears!

Thing is though, the game has now been rearranged twice since it got cancelled, and its now being played after the 2nd round of the cup. Looks like ill be playing 2 fa cup rounds within 1-2 weeks if i win ofc.

It's quite common in the lower leagues (Colchester seem to get alot of games postponed, as do Oldham), but never seen more than 1 game in a league postponed on the same day, whereas in real life you could end up with alot of games in each league called off due to a frozen or waterlogged pitch.

but never seen more than 1 game in a league postponed on the same day, whereas in real life you could end up with alot of games in each league called off due to a frozen or waterlogged pitch.

I mentioned that also in another thread not so long ago.

Archived