The Grass Isn't Always Greener

After many successful years at my now favourite Scottish club, Peterhead, I decided it was time to call it a day and join the big boys at Rangers. I'd got them all the way to the Premier League and built up such a good financial grounding, they should be set for a decade or so.

Rangers: 50,000 capacity stadium that they almost always fill. You can see the attraction to a lowly manager. Thinking "Great, they're a fallen giant and haven't won the league for 14 seasons!", I assumed I could totally dominate again with some shrewd buys and sales. WRONG!

fiscaldoom.jpg

I'm well aware at this time in history that we are in dire need of a new stadium, yet we cannot afford this unless we win the Champions League every year! We don't have the players for this at all and cannot afford anyone above Championship (English) standard at the VERY best.

What are Match Day Expenses?! I know our ground's old and that explains the Ground Maintenance but the MDE is totally crippling and it's not surprising they've been sacking managers every other year.

"and cannot afford anyone above Championship (English) standard at the VERY best"

To be fair, that's the stage that the current Old Firm are at...

Touché. Although Dundee United, Hearts and Celtic are attracting Europe's finest through money alone (I imagine) so we're struggling with 17 year olds to beat them.

Does anyone have any idea how to influence and reduce the Match Day Expenses? It's now over £800k per match. Rangers are going bust, fast.

Cannot afford any players and have reduced the wage bill right down to an average wage of about £2k a player and considerably shrunk my playing squad. Still filling the stadium for most home games.

Archived