Yes I have this regen, an English AM RLC.

IRL he is the AFL CEO and has recently been involved in a standoff over the use of certain stadiums for Australia's World Cup bid. The problem is that the stadium in question is 50K seats - and there are no other suitable venues, meaning that another 45K+ seater would have to be built.

Yes I have this regen, an English AM RLC.

IRL he is the AFL CEO and has recently been involved in a standoff over the use of certain stadiums for Australia's World Cup bid. The problem is that the stadium in question is 50K seats - and there are no other suitable venues, meaning that another 45K+ seater would have to be built.

I think that was the plan all along because it would mean that the government would build the new stadium and then it could be used after the world cup for more afl, rugby or soccer matches.

what are FREDs

i can't remember what it stands for but its the correct term for newgens in the game, newgens were really when a player retired and it gave them a new name, nationality and put them in the game as a youngster but FREDs are the newer version where youth players have randomly generated PAs, CA, nationalities, names and positions and it's no longer related to player retirements.

Aren't those who help SI e.g. researchers given the chance to be part of faceinthegame?

the amount of times PMLF has graced my team is unbelievable, pretty sure he's bribed SI to always be the best of the lot :D.

Also, yes Demetriou is in my game

i can't remember what it stands for but its the correct term for newgens in the game, newgens were really when a player retired and it gave them a new name, nationality and put them in the game as a youngster but FREDs are the newer version where youth players have randomly generated PAs, CA, nationalities, names and positions and it's no longer related to player retirements.

Isn't regen an old retired player reappearing? Regen = regeneration.

Newgen's are newly created and it's them that are the ones technically called FREDs. That's how I understand it at least.

But anyway, I have that name too in one of my saves.

Isn't regen an old retired player reappearing? Regen = regeneration.

Newgen's are newly created and it's them that are the ones technically called FREDs. That's how I understand it at least.

But anyway, I have that name too in one of my saves.

A regen was when a player retired and he kept everything the same but entered the game with a different name and at a much younger age.

Then it was changed to newgens where a player retires and then they are re-entered into the game with a different, name, age (obviously), nationality and i'm not sure whether pa or ca changed, i don't think it was.

And then came FREDs where new players entering the game have no relation to retiring players. Instead they are generated with random PAs, CAs, names, nationalities and positions.

A regen was when a player retired and he kept everything the same but entered the game with a different name and at a much younger age.

Then it was changed to newgens where a player retires and then they are re-entered into the game with a different, name, age (obviously), nationality and i'm not sure whether pa or ca changed, i don't think it was.

And then came FREDs where new players entering the game have no relation to retiring players. Instead they are generated with random PAs, CAs, names, nationalities and positions.

Copied off the wonderful wiki ;)

I read that after I posted, pretty much what I said tbf.

Is this a different Andrew Demetriou to the AFL CEO? Seems to be a bit strange that he would be included in FM, seeing as he is making bids against Australia hosting the World Cup due to the AFL stadiums needing to be used.

Doesn't seem to be a common name, but a very strange case if he is in the game after all.

Is this a different Andrew Demetriou to the AFL CEO? Seems to be a bit strange that he would be included in FM, seeing as he is making bids against Australia hosting the World Cup due to the AFL stadiums needing to be used.

Doesn't seem to be a common name, but a very strange case if he is in the game after all.

Now i don't want to start a conspiracy theory but i thinked this was planned by AFL and the FFA as a plan to push the government into help paying for a brand new stadium in melbourne. I mean the government has poured a lot of money into helping to bring the world cup to Australia they'd probably be willing to build a new stadium to settle the dispute.

• 1 month later...

Actually we still call them Newgens at SI. FREDs are pretty much a term only used by some people on the forums.

Could of sworn that this guy played for Leyton Orient...

That's Jason Demetriou :)

The top 20 most watched TV shows.

1. Tennis: Aus Open final 2005 (7) 4.04 million

2. Rugby World Cup final 2003 (7) 4.01 million

3 Australian Idol Final Verdict 2004 (10) 3.35 m

4. Australian Idol final 2003 (10) 3.30 m

5. The Block auction 2003 (9) 3.11 m

6. September 11 reportage, September 12, 2001 (9, 7, ABC) 3.10 m

7. Wimbledon day 14 2001 (9) 3.04 m

8. AFL grand final 2003 (10) 2.96 m

9. Big Brother winner announced 2004 (10) 2.86m

10. Australian Idol Live from Opera House 2004 (10) 2.86 m

11. AFL Grand Final 2004 (10) 2.80 m

12. Big Brother finale 2001 (10) 2.78 m

13. The National IQ Test 2002 (9) 2.78 m

14. World Cup Soccer final 2002 (9) 2.70 m

15. Australia Unites: Reach out to Asia 2005 (7,9,10) 2.67m

16. AFL grand final 2002 (10) 2.62 m

17. AFL grand final 2001 (7) 2.60 m

18. Friends finale 2001 (9) 2.54 m

19. World Swimming Championships day 8 2001 (9) 2.51 m

20. Melbourne Cup race 2002 (7) 2.50 m

I’d say going from this, AFL is A LOT more popular in Australia than NRL.

He did testing at SEGA a couple years ago on FM08 to the last of my knowledge, alongside Ackter and others who are in the game from then and presumably since then. He came up in conversation on these boards a while back, and may still be around on them his username is something along the lines of Andrew.

But yea, unless he's jetted around the world and aged 20 odd years, I don't think he's anything to do with the australian leagues for any sport lol. Generally looking through the credits for testers would give you a rough idea of new people being added each year as newgen/regens names.

free to air the AFL smashed NRL but the AFL is shown on 2 free to air networks compared to the NRL. Pay tv (Foxtel) the NRL canes them with 60 of the top 100 shows on Foxtel in 2009 being NRL games (http://www.talkingfooty.com/tv_ratings_2009.php).

Now back to Andrew Demetriou, he is regen defender on my game playing for Leeds in 2014 (Im Chelsea) and too be quitre frank he is rubbish

The AFL/NRL debate is a pretty redundant argument isn't it? the AFL is popular in southern states (Melb, SA)and the NRL is popular in the Eastern states (SYD, QLD) . As far as i can see , as a scotsman who has live in OZ for 7 years, they both seem to me to be equally well supported.

• 1 month later...
He did testing at SEGA a couple years ago on FM08 to the last of my knowledge, alongside Ackter and others who are in the game from then and presumably since then. He came up in conversation on these boards a while back, and may still be around on them his username is something along the lines of Andrew.

But yea, unless he's jetted around the world and aged 20 odd years, I don't think he's anything to do with the australian leagues for any sport lol. Generally looking through the credits for testers would give you a rough idea of new people being added each year as newgen/regens names.

didn't you get fired for saying somthing similar to this?

I have a lot of "smiths" and "coles" in my game. I guess a lot of Joe Smiths and David Coles work at SI.

:rolleyes:

@ garryg33 - I would think before commenting. NRL is a shambles and barely followed both at the field and on tv. Its a sport merely for the average Australian family, with a centrelink income, low IQ and a home supplied by the dept of housing. The average NRL fan also names their kids Shazza, Wayne and Davo.

Archived