Phoenix club - Ideas?

FC United of Manchester and AFC Wimbledon are both phoenix clubs.

I want to create my own. So, Who do you think the next phoenix club will be for? And what type of finances and reputations do they need to be given?

If anyone else fancies making a phoenix club following this thread then please do so and then this can be the home of phoenix clubs, likewise if you're already playing as a phoenix club then feel free to post.

FC United of Manchester and AFC Wimbledon are both phoenix clubs.

I want to create my own. So, Who do you think the next phoenix club will be for? And what type of finances and reputations do they need to be given?

If anyone else fancies making a phoenix club following this thread then please do so and then this can be the home of phoenix clubs, likewise if you're already playing as a phoenix club then feel free to post.

Pompey? Chester City?

Considering the game can't even let you create your own teams, let alone phoenix teams...

I think he means take a team from a lower division, and re-name them/edit them and such. To create a new 'pheonix' team. Cor, imagination people...

Runcorn Linnets and Wiki.

AFC Telford United and Wiki.

Scarborough Athletic and Wiki.

Always nice to have a little background. :)

Shame about all of them, especially Telford & Scarborough. Remember once when Millwall played Telford in the Cup it was called off twice :o. Btw, a list from Wiki of 'Fan Owned Teams':

AFC Liverpool

AFC Telford United

AFC Wimbledon

Aylesbury United F.C.

Brentford F.C

Cambridge City F.C.

Ebbsfleet United F.C.

Enfield Town F.C.

Exeter City F.C.

F.C. United of Manchester

Newport (IOW) F.C.

Runcorn Linnets F.C.

Scarborough Athletic F.C.

Shame about all of them, especially Telford & Scarborough. Remember once when Millwall played Telford in the Cup it was called off twice :o. Btw, a list from Wiki of 'Fan Owned Teams':

AFC Liverpool

AFC Telford United

AFC Wimbledon

Aylesbury United F.C.

Brentford F.C

Cambridge City F.C.

Ebbsfleet United F.C.

Enfield Town F.C.

Exeter City F.C.

F.C. United of Manchester

Newport (IOW) F.C.

Runcorn Linnets F.C.

Scarborough Athletic F.C.

Aren't we trying to think of a new one?

Farsley Celtic, Weymouth, Forest Green, Salisbury, Lewes, Luton(Maybe wishful thinking) and Kettering are all non league sides who may need a pheonix club soon.

Why not do a Pheonix of Gretna but in the English leagues, geographically they are almost in England and it'd be a little bit different.

Farsley Celtic, Weymouth, Forest Green, Salisbury, Lewes, Luton(Maybe wishful thinking) and Kettering are all non league sides who may need a pheonix club soon.

Why not do a Pheonix of Gretna but in the English leagues, geographically they are almost in England and it'd be a little bit different.

Of those, only Farsley, together with Chester and Kings Lynn are actually 'dead'. Gretna would be a good call except that they already have a phoenix, Gretna2008 which is in the database. But yeh, you could move them to England - replace Farsley in the BSN.

Could wait until next friday and see if Palace go under, then make an AFC Crystal Palace.
We won't go under next week, because we should have a preferred in place by then. I'm optimistic we'll be fine, there seems to be interest although no one has stumped up the funds yet.

Just inspired myself, got three Portsmouth pheonix's in the Blue Square South. one tycoon based, Portsmouth Red Bulls. One run by Linvoy Primus, the most popular, AFC Portsmouth Pheonix. One run by Peter Storrie (not very popular) Portsmouth Marine. Also placed Gretna 2008 in BSN with TNS Chester and AFC Farsley and Leeds.

Jld, I remembered that as i was doing it so that was why i did it.

Not got a clue how to upload i'm afraid if someone could give me some guidance i would be happy to.

Holidaying through a couple of seasons at the moment to see what occurs. Red Bulls just bought Caleb Folan for £2M, i may change their sugar daddy to backgound.

Tempted to do Gretna and put them in the Northern leagues.

Northern Leagues. Pah!

I got to see them hammer Queen of the South 4 - 0 away. That was the year they lost on penalties to Rangers in the cup final.

They were a great team - but rumour has it that their goalkeeper was having an affair with the manager's wife (hence the manager did a disappearing act). They then limped into the Premier League and got trounced week after week.

It was too much too soon - they even had to share a ground with Motherwell 80 miles away.

Such a shame.

FC United and AFC Liverpool can go and rot in hell. Why fans should up sticks and form a new club simply because they don't like an owner is unbelieveable. A fan is supposed to support the club, not abandon it at will.

I'm all for teams like AFC Telford and Scarborough Athletic who form after previous incarnations folded through no fault of the fans.

I'm also for AFC Wimbledon, as they are a special case of a club formed after their own team were taken from their fans and moved 70 miles North of their base.

Archived