Fed up with Football Manager's Dramatic Irony

Is anyone else fed up with every time you're asked which area you feel is strongest in your team, they play utter crap in the next match. If I say Attackers then we can't score despite having 20 shots on target or if I say defence we are 2-0 after 6 minutes. Arrgh!

Hadn't noticed it; anyway I've started just saying my entire team is up to the challenge. If they press me for an answer, I storm out (I even did it in my first ever press conference for Chelsea because someone repeated a question).

Dramatic irony is when, in a fictional situation, a crucial fact is revealed to the audience or reader before a character it affects knows about it.

I've never had that problem. If anything, they usually play better afterwards!

I love Press Conferences, btw.

Depends entirely on the individual personalities of your players how they respond.

If I've got a squad of like-minded individuals (which I always strive for), then I've often very little fear of the question you're referring to. If it is a concern how players will react, then I'll opt for the "safe" neutral option, which is that I'm comfortable they're all equally strong areas.

As a tip though, to avoid a journalist repeating the question to press for a definitive answer from you, I usually type a comment in the box below. For most neutral answers, an additional comment is a great help. In essence, you're skirting the question, but still giving an actual response. :)

Depends entirely on the individual personalities of your players how they respond.

If I've got a squad of like-minded individuals (which I always strive for), then I've often very little fear of the question you're referring to. If it is a concern how players will react, then I'll opt for the "safe" neutral option, which is that I'm comfortable they're all equally strong areas.

As a tip though, to avoid a journalist repeating the question to press for a definitive answer from you, I usually type a comment in the box below. For most neutral answers, an additional comment is a great help. In essence, you're skirting the question, but still giving an actual response. :)

interesting to hear that box actually has some use. :eek:

Hm, when the 'So what's your tactical approach to this game going to be?' question pops up, despite answering the 'neutral' option and saying "Sorry, there's no chance of me handing out my tactics before the game" they still seem to ask at least 3 times.

And to the OP, best thing to do is always play it safe.

interesting to hear that box actually has some use. :eek:

It certainly does. Call it "role-play" if you will...

You can say what you want in that box. Everyone knows about the "foul mouthed tirade" response when you add a few choice words, but you can actually have some fun with your comments, as well as using them as a deflection tool against "repeat the question" by the media. :thup:

Archived