This Version of FM just isnt good enough

I've played this game for many years not every one but i played from the first version of championship manager.

The best bits for me gotta be the very first championship managers and the early football managers where i thought they was taking a step in the right direction, But now the "the overly complicated" Football manager's 08-09-10 are just getting way out of hand.

This version has all the nice bits we always wanted the nice gfx the nice looks all the stats you ever need nice interaction options.

But for me now, football manager is getting way over complicated ( i know football is complicated bleh bleh) but lets remember this is a game and most of us come home from work or school or uni and just wanna have few hrs fun, making a dream team or a favorite team we supported as a child) But it feels like now all we get is a random grind, which if you get lucky through some crappy loopholes in the game like some **** corner setup or a long range shot bug, we cant actually win by tactics or team building at all.

Patches, thanks for updating our game, no i mean thanks for giving us a new game, No i really mean what the f**k every time i get a new patch i have to rethink everything i did in the past, and its getting worse every time you patch maybe not worse just boring crappy number crunching.

The interactions are way to random to make sense out off, there's no system at all, one minute a player will be happy the next he wont then you give him the same treatment for the same circumstance and he blows you out the window, its just random crap that makes people annoyed.

The tactics now have 2 version styles just adds more confusion to your already growing problem that people cant grasp the already overly complicated tactic options.

Add to that opposition instructions, that rarely works as a rule for one, its almost like having a tactic for your tactic inside your tactic, and no one knows what the feck your suppose to do with it, except joe random who happened to stumble across the right randomness for his tactic for it to work.

Add to all this the hopeless faults FM has had for years like scouting still being totally hopeless, you get a top quality scout from Africa who never finds anything in Africa, but holy hell you get a scout to scout central Europe any tom dick or harry can find a top player in these areas! why even buy good scouts if joe bloggs find you torres or ronaldo, "What ronaldo is highly rated!" "but i am Hull City how can Hull city get a budget to possibly fund ronaldo!"

Add the new faults, like man city bidding for every f****** coach one after the other just cos hes better then theirs and once you offered a new contract to your coach they go after another, and so on and so zzzzzzz

Also what the hell is the point in having a stadium on the screen ,that looks nothing at all like that teams stadium, that's like saying here's a Nike shirt made by mike... well it looks almost the same...

I certainly wont be paying anymore money for this game until people at Si actually start to listen to the problems in front of them, and no i wont go and buy fifa bloody manager and championship manager, I don't have a loyalty problem, i still stick by my words that football manager was and i repeat was the best management game on the market, and i feel is still can be but some people need to wake up and stop over complicating things and don't have 4 options for the 1 option that's needed, make it fun, give us a sensible challenge, and for god sake make it look half decent, i don't wanna live in the 1980's forever!

I've played this game for many years not every one but i played from the first version of championship manager.

The best bits for me gotta be the very first championship managers and the early football managers where i thought they was taking a step in the right direction, But now the "the overly complicated" Football manager's 08-09-10 are just getting way out of hand.

This version has all the nice bits we always wanted the nice gfx the nice looks all the stats you ever need nice interaction options.

But for me now, football manager is getting way over complicated ( i know football is complicated bleh bleh) but lets remember this is a game and most of us come home from work or school or uni and just wanna have few hrs fun, making a dream team or a favorite team we supported as a child) But it feels like now all we get is a random grind, which if you get lucky through some crappy loopholes in the game like some **** corner setup or a long range shot bug, we cant actually win by tactics or team building at all.

Patches, thanks for updating our game, no i mean thanks for giving us a new game, No i really mean what the f**k every time i get a new patch i have to rethink everything i did in the past, and its getting worse every time you patch maybe not worse just boring crappy number crunching.

The interactions are way to random to make sense out off, there's no system at all, one minute a player will be happy the next he wont then you give him the same treatment for the same circumstance and he blows you out the window, its just random crap that makes people annoyed.

The tactics now have 2 version styles just adds more confusion to your already growing problem that people cant grasp the already overly complicated tactic options.

Add to that opposition instructions, that rarely works as a rule for one, its almost like having a tactic for your tactic inside your tactic, and no one knows what the feck your suppose to do with it, except joe random who happened to stumble across the right randomness for his tactic for it to work.

Add to all this the hopeless faults FM has had for years like scouting still being totally hopeless, you get a top quality scout from Africa who never finds anything in Africa, but holy hell you get a scout to scout central Europe any tom dick or harry can find a top player in these areas! why even buy good scouts if joe bloggs find you torres or ronaldo, "What ronaldo is highly rated!" "but i am Hull City how can Hull city get a budget to possibly fund ronaldo!"

Add the new faults, like man city bidding for every f****** coach one after the other just cos hes better then theirs and once you offered a new contract to your coach they go after another, and so on and so zzzzzzz

Also what the hell is the point in having a stadium on the screen ,that looks nothing at all like that teams stadium, that's like saying here's a Nike shirt made by mike... well it looks almost the same...

I certainly wont be paying anymore money for this game until people at Si actually start to listen to the problems in front of them, and no i wont go and buy fifa bloody manager and championship manager, I don't have a loyalty problem, i still stick by my words that football manager was and i repeat was the best management game on the market, and i feel is still can be but some people need to wake up and stop over complicating things and don't have 4 options for the 1 option that's needed, make it fun, give us a sensible challenge, and for god sake make it look half decent, i don't wanna live in the 1980's forever!

Apart from the title of this thread and all of the points you made, I agree with everything you said.

1) can you talk without cursing?

2) if you don't like the patches don't update

3) if you want a simple managing game , then play some apps in iphone that are simple enough

4) your scouting problems have to do wth the database you use

sorry man, but your message is too biased. i didn't even find one argument to agree with. rethink some things, relax and you will enjoy the game. have fun

Why do most complainers start with "I've played x amount of fm games, since the first cm game I have played, as a long term user" etc?

What does it add to the post?

FWIW tactics are a bit dumbed down imo. Sliders were probably worse though. The tactic creator is an improvement, but it makes the whole process feel too easy to make a tactic.

Patches improve the game, if you feel that strongly about them, then don't bother patching. Don't complain though when patch x.0 or x.1 is absolutely rubbish when everyone else is on x.3 though.

Seems you want the game to be easy? I personally wouldn't, as the game would be too easy to conquer, and would probably put off many people on playing a game if all you need to do to take a team from the bottom to the top is click a few buttons and let them rip apart everyone unrealistically. The games difficulty is one of its finest points. Realism for me makes the game fun, but fun options would not always make the game realistic, a route games like Fifa Manager seem to take, good for those that want a fun game where as a manager you for some reason can build club shops and hire tea ladies, but for realism seekers, that wouldn't be realistic, etc.

FWIW you can build teams without loopholes. Plenty of people who use the default tactics provided by the game can get good success. It just seems to be thought by some that unless you download some sort of supertactic, you will fail miserably.

OI is a great addition, especially this year as the ass man can do it for you, saves a lot of time.

Can see where you are getting at, and the post is constructive, but I don't think everyone is going to agree with you, or maybe even me.

To be honest, if you want to build a super team and win promotion after promotion you really should go to CM. I played it before I got FM. It's especially good at that because it's **** easy, but then you'll start a rant on their forums because of all the bugs and the crappy Match AI. I disagree with most of what you say, but I can't take an opinion on patches, as they don't like to work on my computer.

On the flip side, your rant was quite funny.

I think most people start with "i've played this since x year " to show that they aren't newbies

who are complaining about nothing.

The language could be toned down, but to be fair i also agree with most of his comments/gripes.

Some things are way over complicated and the scouting system etc is still rubbish.

Why is the scouting system rubbish? Have found some good players thanks to how it works now.

Like he says "if you appoint a top scout to a certain country they claim they can't find any decent players"

I have appointed several scouts to different countries and most of the time they came back with nothing to find.

I sent one to spain with top stats for scouting and the only player he recommended was Lionel Messi!

That can't be right.

Like he says "if you appoint a top scout to a certain country they claim they can't find any decent players"

I have appointed several scouts to different countries and most of the time they came back with nothing to find.

I sent one to spain with top stats for scouting and the only player he recommended was Lionel Messi!

That can't be right.

Weird, i've never had that. Mind you my scouts always seem to be automatically assigned to scouting certain nations so i don't have to bother, and it comes back with all the info i need on what players are around.

Why do most complainers start with "I've played x amount of fm games, since the first cm game I have played, as a long term user" etc?

Because its a true fact, that only comes with loyalty and period over time something you will learn when you get older

thebag, I'm not one to build instant gib super teams, i normally take 5 seasons per game to build and in the last version of fm i built up Cambridge city over 20 seasons to win one premiership title, so don't look at me as a quitter, i have been in this game for the long run, but now i feel its time to look at some of the things si want to introduce to the game, and say yeah maybe this is taking away some of fun.

I come on here and complain about it because I've played this game for a good 10 years of my life, and i am a proper addict, but your guys don't realise this, due to your cheap ass comments like, "why do people start complaining threads with I PLAYED 5 MILLIONS VERSIONS OF THIS GAME"

Like I'm a complete ****** who's never posted on forums or played game before!

I come on here and complain about it because I've played this game for a good 10 years of my life, and i am a proper addict, but your guys don't realise this, due to your cheap ass comments like, "why do people start complaining threads with I PLAYED 5 MILLIONS VERSIONS OF THIS GAME"

I have been annoyed with other versions of fm aswell, but for me this is the most playable one yet.

1) How is the scouting system rubbish? In the real world even the best scouts cannot find every brilliant player. If they did, 400 teams would have been bidding for ronaldo as a 15 year old. In real life, I cant only think of 1 team who has scouts that are so good, its like they have a version of genie scout - and thats arsenal. And, for every fabregas they find, there are 5+ players who fall by the way side.

2) Tactics - yea - what was your point exactly? Im genuinely crap at tactics, I muddle along, find something that works, nick someone elses. Its not hard.

3) Patches - how does it make it a different game exactly? Im confused. I went from one version to the other without even noticing! (steam auto patched) and the only reason I worked out it had patched was because genie scout stopped working!

The scouting thing is utter rubbish, you can leave the standard ones alone and they will happily find you the pretty obvious ones known to man, but if you want to find more specific it's totally useless. If you have 5 scouts or 30 scouts it wont find you anything diffrent.

Maidel

2) Tactics - yea - what was your point exactly? Im genuinely crap at tactics, I muddle along, find something that works, nick someone elses. Its not hard.

I'm quite glad you don't work for Si or maybe you do.

Nick someone else's yeah that's the way games are supposed to be played you should take a copy of something else and use it wow wheres the fun in that!.

Maidel

I'm quite glad you don't work for Si or maybe you do.

Nick someone else's yeah that's the way games are supposed to be played you should take a copy of something else and use it wow wheres the fun in that!.

Like the way you ignored my point about the scouting system...

Did you read what I wrote? I either muddle through myself, or, come to the forums to see where im going wrong, pick up tips and choose tactics that other people have worked long and hard on.

Whats your point?

You are my point exactly, we are all suppose to come along and find the perfect square for our perfect square hole and all live happly ever after with si games, well im sorry but my circle hole aint fitting in your square right now, do you get me?

For 'a proper addict' you seem to be spending a lot of time arguing:rolleyes:

In response to your arguments:

Corner exploit - You have to put it in for it to work. So don't

Tactics - The tactics wizard does not make it complicated, people would rather press poacher than edit all the sliders to make their player that way. Also, managers in real life can't make supertactics on the click of a finger, it takes time

Scouts - As Maidel says, scouts can't always find great players. An Arsenal scout went to where Vermaelen used to play and specifically said not to sign him. It happens, be more independant

3D stadiums - There is no need to criticize them, they are cosmetic. Dislike 3D? Change to 2D. It's a cosmetic feature, however bad, and is laying down foundations for bigger and better animations

So that's my say. I personally disagree with all of your points. If you prefer older games, play them. Don't bore us all by complaining about something to which you have a solution:mad:

You are my point exactly, we are all suppose to come along and find the perfect square for our perfect square hole and all live happly ever after with si games, well im sorry but my circle hole aint fitting in your square right now, do you get me?

Ah - so you have a personal issue with SI then.

Nothing I can do to help then.

1) How is the scouting system rubbish? In the real world even the best scouts cannot find every brilliant player. If they did, 400 teams would have been bidding for ronaldo as a 15 year old. In real life, I cant only think of 1 team who has scouts that are so good, its like they have a version of genie scout - and thats arsenal. And, for every fabregas they find, there are 5+ players who fall by the way side.

3) Patches - how does it make it a different game exactly? Im confused. I went from one version to the other without even noticing! (steam auto patched) and the only reason I worked out it had patched was because genie scout stopped working!

The scouting system needs a total overhaul.

As i said previously a scout with great scouting stats only recommended Messi from Spain.

Other scouts with great stats kept saying they couldn't recommend anyone whatsoever despite being

sent to different countries.(not obscure countries either).

Tactics .I don't want to get involved in a discussion about those. As they either seem to work

for some people and not others.

I've copied tactics down from the tactics discussion forum and they don't work for me.

As for patches. I too have had to alter my whole game after installing a patch.

I was in great form prior to installing a patch and doing really well.

Then after installing the patch i noticed a big difference in the way the game played.

This has been mentioned many times before.

sean nufc

Sometimes its helpful to get an idea of how tactics work if you use someone else's for a bit, then you can learn how to make your own. If that's not meant to happen then why are people allowed to post their tactics?

This leads me to my whole other aguement, people make tactics that work great for that patch, then suddenly they have to create another tactic or change there tactic because of a new patch, so Your telling me 10 20 30 tactic makers all got the football manager tactic wrong, because the new patch says so? i don't think so what happened was they got it right for that patch, but now because si game thinks they can "make the game better" they have too come up with another strategy, and this happens to us all, can some one please give me a tactic that works from the release game and the current patch?, i highly doubt it, but hey Ive only played football manager for xxx amount and i have never seen this before.... :/

sean nufc

Sometimes its helpful to get an idea of how tactics work if you use someone else's for a bit, then you can learn how to make your own. If that's not meant to happen then why are people allowed to post their tactics?

This leads me to my whole other aguement, people make tactics that work great for that patch, then suddenly they have to create another tactic or change there tactic because of a new patch, so Your telling me 10 20 30 tactic makers all got the football manager tactic wrong, because the new patch says so? i don't think so what happened was they got it right for that patch, but now because si game thinks they can "make the game better" they have too come up with another strategy, and this happens to us all, can some one please give me a tactic that works from the release game and the current patch?, i highly doubt it, but hey Ive only played football manager for xxx amount and i have never seen this before.... :/

I haven't had any experience of this myself so can't really comment, i didn't bother with the first two patches tho after a few months because they were unplayable(ime) anyway.

Regarding patches, don't download them. Every day this forum was overloaded with threds about 'long shots' or 'one on ones' or 'superkeepers.' Patches fix this. Tactics that need changing are like that because they work around those bugs.

Dinaldo

I'm not saying tactics are wrong, most of them make perfect sense, some of them have really interesting ideas and way's to play but none hold water, by this i mean its not the tactics, its the overall system we are made to play doesn't work, from player relations to media response to team talks to assistant talks to opposition instructions, pitch size weather under soil heating not to mention coach advice formation changes ( oh wait tactical consistency, doesn't come into it now even tho its a stat on my profile manager page confusion! :/ ), my god the list goes one, how can anyone tactic get this right, do ya see my point its just ******** unless you wanna be a pro like some of the above and play football manager until your dead you got no chance.

So to answer your question, I normally use a tactic for at least a season, even been known to use the same tactic set for 18 seasons.

Weird, i've never had that. Mind you my scouts always seem to be automatically assigned to scouting certain nations so i don't have to bother, and it comes back with all the info i need on what players are around.
Like the way you ignored my point about the scouting system...

Did you read what I wrote? I either muddle through myself, or, come to the forums to see where im going wrong, pick up tips and choose tactics that other people have worked long and hard on.

Whats your point?

I didnt if you read the above.

And for the record i am an Arsenal fan and i have played as Arsenal a lot in the past and their scouts are no diffrent.

If you don't like media realtions there's a simple solution; Never use them

Send your assistant to press conferences and let him do team talks. Get one with high Motivating, Man Management and Determination:thup:

I have his name is "mauro tassotti" and hes doing me no good at all.

Lets put it this way, i didn't work for 4 months, and my favourite game was easley football manager 40 + hrs a week

Yes i was successful as a manager, i never said i was bad, i wont the prem with Hull city in second season, and i won the quad in the 4th season, But i sill have the right to say this games getting way too complicated for the average joe user, i certainly wouldn't fancy trying to pick up and play this game for a few hrs a week and try be successful at it.

There's just to many different options and open ended ideas that Si have included which could be toned down into a few options.

Archived