LOADS of injuries on 10.3

I don't know if this has been mentioned, probably has, but all my players seem to get loads of injuries on the new patch and no other teams do. Throughout the whole season I have twice as many players on the injury table than the anyone else, and it's the same with whoever I manage.

This never used to happen...Is this the same for anyone else?

I have this too, most of it not due to training, but after matches...70% of matches have injuries to my players, either light or heavy, mostly light..But still having your best players out for 10 days sucks pretty bad

i d like to see the face of ppl who are responsible for adding so many injuries...if they really look like i thought they would

and i dont mind having injured players,its part of the game but when you see every game a forced substitution its rediculous...and im talking about match injuries,last season i havent had the same team for two games back to back...wtf is that? there should definetly be a slider for injuries

Do you play a very aggressive style? I think that the lower the condition during the match the higher the chance of injury. I play a stand off style D, and a ball control O and have had only a couple injuries after 20+ matches.

If you are going all out attack, your guys will get hurt more, IMO. I think most players in general play too attacking of a style, but that's a different topic.

After 10.3 i noticed it but isnt it somewhat realistic to have a player take a knock in every game? Theres a large majority of 'real' games where someone gets injured, weather its serious or not.

yeah exactly, the 'knocks' i can handle, its not like players don't get hurt at all in games sometimes!

stretcher.gif

The more extreme the training is, the more extreme the tactics used, the more risk of injuries.

Yes, injuries are annoying, especially when they're key players in your team, but the level of injuries is entirely realistic and relative to what we as virtual managers have influence over, in my opinion.

I've had times where I've had more injuries or "knocks" during matches, than subs I'm able to make. I've never had more than two who've needed forced substitutions though. The rest were "walking wounded", who's condition rating dropped, but they could still play.

As for training injuries, there's lots of elements that can influence them. Luck or lack thereof can always be a factor, but importantly, the type of training that an individual has been tasked being appropriate or not in the first place.

You have the option to get physio reports on your players. If they're injury prone (hidden attribute), the physio will normally say so. Sometimes the scouts suggest this when they provide reports, likewise in some of the coach reports. The tools are all there to help prevent the risk of injuries. Not only that, you can also make fairly accurate judgements based on player attributes you can see. The hidden ones are usually linked closely to the visible ones. Therefore someone with low stamina, natural fitness, strength, might indicate they have the potential to be injury prone.

Lighten training schedules for those you think might suffer from over-working physical training aspects.

For matches, as a rule of thumb, if I've a player who I think is a bit "lightweight", then I'm obviously not going to have them instructed to strong tackling. Also, I'll not risk players who's condition is low. Anything below 90% and the risk of injury is that much higher.

So, with some observation and use of the tools available, you can avoid an injury "crisis" more often than you might suffer from them. :)

If you are picking up injuries late in the game, you should start subbing out anyone in the low 70% levels from about 65mins on. It is those players that will pick up the knocks (barrring a two-footed tackle to the knee). I usually make 2 subs at about 65mins due simply to condition.

Archived