Goalkeepers and agility: ?

Is agility not an important gk atribute anymore? If I go into search players and filter goalkeepers/under 21/agility 14 or higher I get a handful of at best crap players. I'm 7 years into the game and next to no gk's are coming through with good agility. In fact hardly any good gk's are coming through at all. Also, rushing out is always woefully low in regens.

Is agility not important anymore?

Is agility not an important gk atribute anymore? If I go into search players and filter goalkeepers/under 21/agility 14 or higher I get a handful of at best crap players. I'm 7 years into the game and next to no gk's are coming through with good agility. In fact hardly any good gk's are coming through at all. Also, rushing out is always woefully low in regens.

Is agility not important anymore?

Agility is a key attribute for a GK.

I think your problem is you are looking for 14+ in a player U21.

GKs tend to break into the first team later than other positions and peak much later, often well into their 30s.

Agility is a key attribute for a GK.

I think your problem is you are looking for 14+ in a player U21.

GKs tend to break into the first team later than other positions and peak much later, often well into their 30s.

Your more likely to be more agile when you are 18-20. Agility us a physical attribute that you don't aquire with age. :|

Your more likely to be more agile when you are 18-20. Agility us a physical attribute that you don't aquire with age. :|

Whilst I would probably agree in RL this is FM we are talking about.

Within FM Agility is a trainable attribute and will therefore increase with training.

Yes but how much can you improve agility? 3/4 points? When most of the young good keepers coming through have an average of 9-11 on agility that's just not acceptable. And just like some people are fast, some are agile and it's just wrong that it's so poor.

I find that there are very few well balanced regens when looking at their attributes in relation to their position. Your example is a good one along with the majority of central defenders I find having an extremely low jump and strength value.

There is ALWAYS at least 2 or 3 attributes tht let every regen down. Attacking mids with 4 descision or poor off the ball, or full backs with no pace or oodles of pace but no stamina or tackling.

You can't say always. Have you seen any of the regen threads? Particularly the one in GPTG, some monsters in there.

So always is a sweeping generalisation and you are wrong.

Ok then, always in every game I've ever played. I must just be unlucky ay.

Anyway, the odd decent player popping up now and then is no way to maintain a playable database for a good long game is it. And with fmrte I find it very hard to believe half these people.

Please link me to this thread thanks.

The very first regen in that thread illustrates the point- 10 for marking, and he's a DM.

The second is a striker with 10 for composure.

The player in post 49 is a winger who has OTB 10.

Below him, a goalkeeper with positioning 11 and agility 10.

I'm not going to go into the players who haven't started to develop, or that striker with several 16s in technical attributes but very low physicals.

Regen development is definitely something that needs work, I think SI have acknowledged that.

The very first regen in that thread illustrates the point- 10 for marking, and he's a DM.

I'm not going to go into the players who haven't started to develop, or that striker with several 16s in technical attributes but very low physicals.

Regen development is definitely something that needs work, I think SI have acknowledged that.

I agree, im quite disappointed so far that this apparently wasnt fixed in 10.3, i also posted some of my attribute filters here:

http://community.sigames.com/showpost.php?p=5021140&postcount=17

it makes me laugh a lot of the time, you get people getting really excited about a newgen and I look at them and think they only think that player is good compared to the very low standards we are used to. I wish I could look at it that way.

Also people who edit regens don't realise they are making things worse.

Si have probably aknowledged it as a problem for the past god knows how many years. I still see no improvement. I don't know why they don't recreate players based ona rough template of existing players and not by a complicated point/ability system.

Archived