Spending money

I'm so stingy in this game. I feel dirty after I've signed a player for a considerable amount of money.

I've been reading these forums for a couple of years and occasionally posting. The amount of money that some people will spend is beyond me. Of course, it's their game, nothing wrong with it.

The most I've spent on this years version is £15 million on Jotevic. He fully re payed his price that season. I nearly spent £23 million on Edin Dzeko but I just couldn't bring myself to part with the money.

Any other cheap-skates out there?

At heart I am, the main reason I quit Man City was that I was disgusted with myself for spending £53m on David Villa.

But at clubs like City and Chelsea, and now increasingly at Wednesday, I have been prepared to pay over £15m for players. I bought Mata for Chelsea for £35m, and I am waiting on Newcastle's 19 year old wonderkid to agree to a £25m deal (which would be a new record for Wednesday).

Yes, I'm a cheapskate too :)

I play lower leagues mostly and I refuse to pay a fee for anyone, when there's plenty of talent available for free.

When I do play as bigger clubs though, I still prefer to scout for younger talent at a lesser cost, than spend huge sums of money on "established" players.

Oh... I also negotiate wages as low as I can get them for any player.

Archived