Transfers do work realistically.. somewhat!

Strange thing I noticed while managing in Scotland's low divisions is that transfers actually work pretty neat. I know we are talking about small sums here but they are very satisfying. For example a player that costs 20k, the Ai asks for 30-35k.. If he costs 90k, they'd ask for 100 something and eventually even accept a lower offer.

I have noticed the big scottish clubs buying players for a few million euros on reasonable prices as well. Weird but reasonable - honestly who would ask for 12.34 mil. exactly :D

This makes me think that something with the price calculating formula goes wrong when the players cost a lot. Can it be as simple as that the formula doesn't work equally well with small and high range transfers? I doubt it though.. I have a suspicion that it has to do with the dynamic prices of the players.

For example I had loaned a 17th year old talent from celtic worth 500k.. Eventually he would go down to 200k while playing for me - I guess to reflect the division he is in and club. At this point when I tried to enquire about him they wanted something in the range of 300-400k - which is pretty fine!

So the game actually treats him as a player I own, not a player owned by Celtic.

Once he went back to them and I enquired again - they asked for 1.3mil.

I guess his base price (whatever it is based on stats and CA, PA) is heavily influenced by the team he is in. Yeah I know it's not a groundbreaking discovery but there should be something that goes wrong to cause the game not reasonably negotiating a 30mil. player for say 60-70 but instead 120-30.

In essence - it works fine on low levels and most of the times for the AI as well - very satisfying to see in action :D

Archived