Ineligible!?

Just started a new game with the England U19's. Top of the group when I took over with 7 wins from 7. My first game is not until September time but half my team are said to be 'Ineligible' for the next match. The ineligble ones are either 18 or 19 but I thought that once they played once in the competition they can finish it even if they are 20 or something? Can anybody help? :confused:

Just started a new game with the England U19's. Top of the group when I took over with 7 wins from 7. My first game is not until September time but half my team are said to be 'Ineligible' for the next match. The ineligble ones are either 18 or 19 but I thought that once they played once in the competition they can finish it even if they are 20 or something? Can anybody help? :confused:

The European U19s Championship runs season to season.

Its starts with a group stage (4 teams per group, play each other once) in September and then the qualifiers play another group stage (4 teams per group, play each other once) approx February with the qualifiers moving onto the finals around June.

So basically the seven from seven haven't been in the same round and your next match is a new competition for the following season. Depending on your current in game date the current 19yos will probably be overage for the next competition (You have to be under 19 at some point in August I think). I'm not sure about the 18yos, Dafuge is possibly right & they are currently in another squad but I would look nearer the competition start.

Archived