Offside Ruling

OK, first off. I don't know that much about football(soccer here in the USA). If I am on the attack, and my player is standing between the last defender and the keeper, if one of my player takes a shot and scores, shouldn't it be disallowed for my player being offside? If no, please explain. Thank you.

Phantom9in

St. Mirren Manager- 4th Season SPL

OK, first off. I don't know that much about football(soccer here in the USA). If I am on the attack, and my player is standing between the last defender and the keeper, if one of my player takes a shot and scores, shouldn't it be disallowed for my player being offside? If no, please explain. Thank you.

Phantom9in

Technically he is in an offside position but the goal would only be disallowed if he was judged to have "Interfered with play" ie been in the way of the shot or blocked a defender/keeper from reaching it.

I know thats ambiguous but thats the way it currently works in RL.

Thanks, I was just wondering because I had it happen in my last game and was unsure why offside wasn't called, but my guess was right, he didn't get involved, shot went straight-top-shelf left corner from 30 yards out.

Phantom9in

im a hearts fan :) just felt like going somebody different . i hate celtic too :p when i go hearts i beat celtic and rangers then lose to hamilton , st johnstone etc :( its tough!!

Im going off now its almost 12pm in scotland an im tired. enjoy your game .

Archived