Other teams milking your fortunes

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed this, but I done a game playing as Man City just to see what it would be like with such a huge transfer budget.

Now, obviously everyone knows about Man City's fortunes and I feel as though other teams would milk this.

I saw Chelsea had a transfer bid of around 6 - 7 million accepted for a player, so I put in a 6.5 million pound bid.

Advanced the game and the team came back with a negotiation of £15 million.

Does the game automatically make teams not under your control milk the fortunes of a rich club, such as Man City, if you're managing them?

Rofl no this is not it. The game is not that intricate or complex. It's just another FM bug/anomaly. Try offering the money as "non-negotiable." Say offer 7.5mil non-negotiable and hopefully that will work for u.

Ancelotti has a lot of friends and a big reputation. It's probably that. Maybe.

In real life, I think clubs do milk richer clubs; for example Boro with Adam Johnson.

Yes, exactly. Its clubs trying to get as much money as they can from richer clubs, i don't see how this would be too hard to imagine fm working this way to.

I think its true, it happened in FM09 or 08 with me. I started a save with Wigan and brought Huntelaar after selling a few players and using the monthly payment thing. I think I managed to get him for around 7.5 or 8 mil, but in another save on the exact same patch I tried buying him with Liverpool and they wanted over 12mil and would not budge.

So while its a known bug that AI teams accept lower bids from other AI teams compared to yourself, if I do it with two different teams its a different bug or a smart bit of gameplay in FM which is very true to real life.

Archived