buy back

with my arsenal team i had sold havard nortdveit when he got back from his loan spell in germany. i sold him for 1.2m and now 5 years on i've bought him back from valencia for 43m

my question to you guys is how much have u spent to bring back a player you yourself has sold

Haven't done it in quite a while. But If I do remember correct, it was FM07 where I felt the need to sell a regen that came through at the club. I had a guy that was blocking his progress and chances of playtime. I regret doing so as he went on to be a superb player and got into the national team while he was away. The club I sold him to (ManC) made a hefty profit when they sold him to Pompey after only a single season! And I bought him back for quite a bit of money (don't remember how much). I think that was the only time I ever did that.

FM09 - Jonny Evans!

He got pretty good for me at United, but then AC offered £15m after first season, so I accepted, with a buy back clause of.. wait for it.. £8m! :D

3 seasons later, Jonny has improved a ridiculous amount, and I get an offer of £8m over 24 months accepted :D!

With FM2010 players peak at different age, I have seen some of my players blossoming as a player few years down the road. Some of them I didnt even give much of a chance to progress but turns out to be quite a good player.

But I have yet to find a player that I really feel like buying back. If there is any example, it would be Jordon Spence (West Ham).

He started off with a teenager with some prospects in West Ham. Got loan out to Championship clubs & even League 1 after that. Finally West Ham sold him to Leverkusen for merely 2.6mill euros when he was 22. I bought him when he was 26 years old. Few months after that he got called into England squad. He played for my team for 5 years, and represented England for 59 times. Not bad for a late bloomer!

Im sure West Ham wished they could buy him back :)

Different peak age is absolute coolness :cool:

FM09 - Jonny Evans!

He got pretty good for me at United, but then AC offered £15m after first season, so I accepted, with a buy back clause of.. wait for it.. £8m! :D

3 seasons later, Jonny has improved a ridiculous amount, and I get an offer of £8m over 24 months accepted :D!

Couldn't you have just tried to buy him back the next day for a £7m profit? :confused:

FM09 - Jonny Evans!

I always thought you couldn't put a buyback clause in for less than you paid? Have they changed this now then?

Edit that to less than they pay.

FM09 - Jonny Evans!

I always thought you couldn't put a buyback clause in for less than you paid? Have they changed this now then?

Edit that to less than they pay.

I confirm you cannot :rolleyes: .... .. .

Never bought someone back to the same club, but I do like to bring my old players with me when I move into a new job. Most expensive was probably Nigel de Jong for £12.5m when I moved from Man City to Sevilla.

Never bought someone back to the same club, but I do like to bring my old players with me when I move into a new job. Most expensive was probably Nigel de Jong for £12.5m when I moved from Man City to Sevilla.

yeah i do that too, when i left benfica after 3 years i took van der vaart, david luiz, julien faubert, fernando gago and a couple others with me to ac milan, david luiz cost me £18.75m

Sold Beckford once I was in the Premiership to Notts County. They eventually failed and he didn't renew his contract. The January after his contract expired I had an injury crisis so I signed him up on a free and he played about 5 games and then I mutually terminated his contract.

:)

Archived