PPM: Likes to round keeper, useless?

I'm on my 13th season, and I have yet to see this skill being used by my strikers. I have 2 world class strikers, so there is no issue whether they have the skill or not to execute the move.

Both of them have places shots as well. So the strikers usually go for this skill. I have yet to see them score by rounding the keeper. In a way, could you say that if you have places shots, you should not have likes to round keeper because the striker do not use them and it takes a slot from the max 5?

Has anyone find Likes to round keeper a useful PPM?

Likes to lob keeper I've seen it occasionally but rarely, since the keeper has to be off his line for the striker to attempt this. Maybe likes to round keeper is more useful during counter attack? Still, I've yet to see it. My striker would just stroke the ball to the corner (places shot) instead of attempting to score by rounding the keeper.

Hmm I need to learn to use FMRTE then :o. I don't want to cheat but I find it so frustrating asking my player to learn to learn a skill and it is totally useless. Plus, I like asking them training younger players and they might pass on more useless skill. So, i'm taking this skill off the list.

I've seen it occasionally; he doesn't actually go all the way round the keeper, but will sidestep a yard or two before slotting past the keeper.

Ditto...it is hard to tell exactly when it is being used IMO. I've usually seen it used when my attacking player is in a crowded penalty area.

I've seen it occasionally; he doesn't actually go all the way round the keeper, but will sidestep a yard or two before slotting past the keeper.

I've seen that before but only a few times, and at that time he didnt score. So the question is whether the skill likes to round keeper does not combine well with places shot. Its either one. I think. I might be wrong here. :confused:

I've seen that before but only a few times, and at that time he didnt score. So the question is whether the skill likes to round keeper does not combine well with places shot. Its either one. I think. I might be wrong here. :confused:

The players I've seen do it have 'places shot', but not 'rounds keeper'. Regardless of PPMs, players will do different things on occasion, the PPMs just alter the probabilities. It's still just possible that your striker has been unlucky with those finishes, lacks some other important skill, or it's a low sample size.

I love this skill - they side step the keeper a lot more often rather than attempt to shoot head on. It's especially helpful when the keeper has a high 'rushing out' skill. This is the first thing I teach my fast strikers - Diego Buonanotte, or Nilmar in a previous game.

Archived