I am about to start my first game on FM 2010. Which team is a good choice??

I support Ipswich Town but not sure if I want to start off at them.

I would prefer a club a bit lower with potential and a little bit of cash to test out some transfers.

Any ideas??

I don't mind any league.

I'd agree with arsenalboy.Start with Leeds United.It's perfect that they are in League one in the sense that they are a VERY Good side and if they were in League 2,They would be really boring to manage.I've found League two boring and hard to manage in the past.

AFC Bournemouth in League 2. You start with a transfer embargo until February 1st so you have lower expectations than your quality deserves, but you can still sign free agents and it's a good challenge. nearly finished my first season, got Brett Omerod in for 10k and i'm only 6 points off the play-offs.

The club has good history, decent coaches and of course Brett Pitman - the best striker in the divison ;). Starting in League 2 gives you good realistic scope to work towards a career higher up the ladder aswell. Perhaps it might be better doing a short career with a club higher up first to get a feel for the game, but The Cherries are the way forward (Y). I support Liverpool (see name lol), and i see why you don't want to manage Ipswsich - it's never as good with your favourite team.

I support Ipswich Town but not sure if I want to start off at them.

I would prefer a club a bit lower with potential and a little bit of cash to test out some transfers.

Any ideas??

I don't mind any league.

What you can do as an option, is fire up the editor that came with the game, then if you fancy having for example Liverpool as Ipswich, just swap their names around.

Or if you fancy starting off with lower league management, just change a lower club to Ipswich etc.

That way you can play as the team you support anywere that you want :thup:

id give Southampton a try, alot off cash to spend given there position and a good club to attract some good young loan stars

also a good challenge to get promotion with the -10 points

Was just going to say this.

Talented squad, fair bit of money, big enough ground, low expectation due to -10 points. Go for the Saints!

What you can do as an option, is fire up the editor that came with the game, then if you fancy having for example Liverpool as Ipswich, just swap their names around.

Or if you fancy starting off with lower league management, just change a lower club to Ipswich etc.

That way you can play as the team you support anywere that you want :thup:

That is the daftest idea I have ever heard :D

Biggleswade united

I just drove past their stadium, Not quite as impressive as that of Langford Town down the road.

Chester (god rest their soul) was my first game on 10, was good. You have an excuse for being crap and if the inevitable relegation occurs, promotion is relatively simple second year.

Houston Dynamo is really fun if you can cope with the mind bending rules of the MLS, not on the new patch though as Holden and Clark, their only decent midfielders, have eloped to wed in Bolton and Frankfurt respectively.

Archived