Players out playing their attributes

Anyone experience this? I have a striker with 8 assists in 9 appearances with an Avg. Rating of 7.84, albeit with no goals. However, he's attributes would suggest he's not in the least bit creative, with 6 for creativity and no particularly outstanding technical ones apart from dribbling. But when he steps on the pitch he turns into Dennis Bergkamp, pulling the strings left, right and centre, dropping deep and ripping open defences with cutting through balls. He doesn't have any PPMs that would influence him to play like this either.

Is he physically good, ie strong, quick and good in the air? Players like that can use their physique to get more chances to create chances, if you know what I mean. Creativity is purely vision to see a good pass, so players don't necessarily need it to control a game, especially at the lower levels.

Wow, we made it almost five posts before a whiny arse came on here to bitch. Well done Muller.

With the right stats in a few places, players will often perform better than expected - hidden ones like "important matches" can be crucial. Also, oft overlooked stats like "teamwork" can sometimes create some very tidy players if they're high enough.

What, like when Cannavaro who has a pace attribute of 7 can run equally as fast, if not, faster than Messi who has a pace of 18? Yeah, it's a bit strange.

Over what sort of distance?

Who had the ball?

Were they competing or was one clear of the other?

What was the condition of the players?

What was their morale?

Its not as simple as saying Messi's pace is higher.

Personally I have a quick winger and when he takes on fullbacks its noticeable which are the slower ones.

Over what sort of distance?

Who had the ball?

Were they competing or was one clear of the other?

What was the condition of the players?

What was their morale?

Its not as simple as saying Messi's pace is higher.

Personally I have a quick winger and when he takes on fullbacks its noticeable which are the slower ones.

Aww, little Leo is sad so he won't be able to run fast anymore :(

That's just hillarious!

Archived