engish league cup dosnt count as trophie ?

Should the charity cup count then?

It simply reflects the fact that most clubs that could realistically win it, don't really care about it.

No, because it is the traditional curtain-raiser for the season rather than an actual serious cup. Maybe the Charity Shield once had a higher standing because there were fewer televised games and it was one of the matches people got to see in their living room but I doubt the clubs or players were that bothered about it.

Some teams choose not to take the League Cup all that seriously as a result of other commitments and fixture congestion prompting them to rest first team players but ultimately, a competition which allows its winner to qualify for European competition (depending on the results of the FA Cup and the league, of course) is a significant tournament.

Some countries don't have a league cup - so it skews the HoF if you count it. Germany doesn't have one, for instance, and I don't think Spain does either.

All the managers of England would gain an unfair leg-up in the HoF rankings, surpassing Germans and Spaniards who never got the chance to compete for the Milk cup.

If other cups than the national cup (for England, the FA-cup) would count in Hall of Fame, some countries would get a huge advantage... Like Northern Ireland, which have a fair few cups.

Hall of Fame is limited to count National League, National Cup, Continental Cups and International Continental and World Tournaments. Any other titles you can find in: 1) your manager history under Cup Wins and League Wins. 2) in your manager achievement screen.

Who won the league cup 2 years ago? I don't know, or care.

Thats not the attitude , imagine your team won it would u still be saying that ? its like the cis insurance cup in scotland i personally couldnt care that people mock it they still over celebrate when they win it. a cup is a cup. ;)

Who won the league cup 2 years ago? I don't know, or care.
It simply reflects the fact that most clubs that could realistically win it, don't really care about it.
Not even the guy who crafted the League Cup cares about the League Cup!
The league cup is barely a trophy IRL anyway.

Those were the quotes I was referring to. Replace "League Cup" with "FA Cup" and the statement is equally valid.

Those were the quotes I was referring to. Replace "League Cup" with "FA Cup" and the statement is equally valid.

The difference here is that 762 teams enter the FA-cup while only 92 enter the League Cup.

The difference here is that 762 teams enter the FA-cup while only 92 enter the League Cup.

For 92, it's not different to the League Cup. For at least 755 others each year, the same applies, as they're not playing against sides of note. So, maybe 7 teams a year get a great experience out of the FA Cup, and none of them will win it. Do you think the trophy is worth more to Manchester United or Chelsea because there's a small chance they'll come up against one of maybe 7 sides who they'll probably smash? Of course not!

Frankly, when it comes down to the prestige of the competition, the extra 670 teams are irrelevant.

League cup barely a trophy? 10 years ago perhaps, all the big teams take it seriously now.

Yes Man Utd only putting out a recognisable first-team for the final is taking it seriously, and so is Arsenal not even doing that. Personally I believe that Alex Ferguson only takes it seriously when he feels that Man Utd are in trouble vis a vis winning something else.

Archived