The in game manual... or lack of!

Online Manual

With SEGA's help we've also provided a super-swanky ONLINE MANUAL this year, to not only save on the environment, but to make things easier for people to get information on the game whilst at their systems. It's currently a bit of a work in process, but the general information is there and can be accessed now.

There's the online Manual linked at the top of the General Discussion Forum.Everything you need to know :thup:

And Eco Friendly my toushy.......Just didn't want to spend the money printing it while charging the same amount for the game :D

mrmeee17, the online manual is not for downloading, therefore making it usable in conjunction with the game impractical. Elgreenio, thanks for your offer but there isn't anything that I need assistance with. I have a bee in my bonnet about there not being a decent manual with the game. The excuse about being green is a load of rubbish! It is all about money. Let someone from SI/Sega come and explain the manual thing to me.

Eco friendly and cost friendly.

I would say it leans more to cost friendly disguised as eco friendly :D

I really don't like that there is no real paper manual. Don't get half the stuff when i'm reading that stuff online compared to when i have a booklet in my hand.

Was actually checking the online manual the other day, to see if i could print it out.

Would waste more paper with that setup printing it out :rolleyes:

If they're making an online manual, at least make it in .pdf.

There isn't much software that comes with a full printed manual these days.

Web based one is fine by me but I wish it was in pdf format.

Kriss, I too have not any objection to an online manual. I do feel that it should be made available to all purchasers of the game, by way of pdf/download. SI/Sega should have the decency and common courtesy to make the manual available to us all.

Kriss, I too have not any objection to an online manual. I do feel that it should be made available to all purchasers of the game, by way of pdf/download. SI/Sega should have the decency and common courtesy to make the manual available to us all.

Its worth pointing out that all sections of the manual are available as a PDF by using the link at the top right of the section.

Not sure if the whole lot can be converted in one go though.

Its worth pointing out that all sections of the manual are available as a PDF by using the link at the top right of the section.

Not sure if the whole lot can be converted in one go though.

Cougar, I can't see any link to enable downloading of the online manual. Exactly where is it?

Cougar, I can't see any link to enable downloading of the online manual. Exactly where is it?

Well this is the link to the manual: Manual

When you view it at the top right, next to the search box it says "View page as PDF"

I not saying its ideal just pointing out the option.

Well this is the link to the manual: Manual

When you view it at the top right, next to the search box it says "View page as PDF"

I not saying its ideal just pointing out the option.

Thanks Cougar. I was looking in the wrong place. I have just gone through the on line manual and it is nowhere as in depth and informative as the TT&F series of guides. It was certainly worth a look at, though. Kind regards.

I miss the days when games regularly came with manuals the size of novels :D

Ah, the good old days. used to love that. Was reading them over and over. Not just to learn the games, but it could actually be a good read, at times.

Found those manuals to be very interesting.

I think the main reasons have already been given.

It's cheaper, and it saves trees - and we feel that with a vast majority of users online now we can produce a better manual utilising video etc if we put it all online.

It was an oversight not to include a PDF for people to download and we will rectify that next time out.

Cheers

Matt

I think the main reasons have already been given.

It's cheaper, and it saves trees - and we feel that with a vast majority of users online now we can produce a better manual utilising video etc if we put it all online.

It was an oversight not to include a PDF for people to download and we will rectify that next time out.

Cheers

Matt

Thanks very much, Matt. Much appreciated, kind regards.

Archived