Views about winning ways

I oftern see alot of people posting so called super tactics and how they won what etc, surly not every team is set up to beable to attack, and some teams must be relegation candidates and so on.. Where are the people who can make a good defensive tactic and stear clear of relegation by playing defensivly with a poor squad of players??

I'm not a relegation candidate, but i'm not a winner either, my team are a model for inconsistency and floating between 4th and 8th :D Imo attack is the ebst form of defence though, when I have taken over relegation cadidates I always set the out to attack because I know that if I sit back i'll get my tactic change timings all wrong and end up getting thumped because if I play defensively the opposition will have more of the ball. It's supposed to work, but it's only worked a couple of times...

my attacking theroy isnt working, i got promoted to prem with over 100 goals, and with 10 games togo im 8 points adrift with 10 games left to play, my away form is actually better than my home form. iv got like 7 draws away from home and 2 wins at home.. this is odd tho, i'm not getting thrashed as my goals against are actually better than they were the season i got promoted ..

I don't use shouts, i created my tactic my self and make changes to it during the game, still using the old fashioned way's.

I find it's a bit like russian roulette, one day it works and then the next it don't, i have been winning twice 1-0 and lost 2-1 both to relegation teams which is why i am now 8 points adrift. grr!!..

What about team talks? Shouts wise I ask my players to "pass to feet", "stay on feet" and to "stay on feet", these aren't really covered in the tactics and can be quite helpful, takes 10 secs at the start of each game.

hmm. i wasnt aware there are instruction in shouts that can make your players do thing's they can't otherwise do..

I'm dissapointed in freekicks and corners, set pieces in general. corners i hardly score form any more, DFK's i can't even get Lampard to score, i know he's 34 or 35 now but his stats are still good, surly he should still score from a DFK at least once in a season?

Hmm team talks, i use the have faith and good luck alot, i find demanding my team wins even when im clear favorutes just makes my team play like gimps, i often find saying preasure is off helps more, using the i expect more at HT is a great tool to overturn bad 1st half performances.

hmm. i wasnt aware there are instruction in shouts that can make your players do thing's they can't otherwise do..

There aren't. "Stay on feet" is the equivalent of setting every player to "easy" tackling. "Pass to feet" is lowering of through balls throughout the side.

Archived