Early goals/quickfire doubles

Is it just me or does anyone else think that that, a) too many goals are scored in the first 5 minutes of games, and/or b) two goals within the space of a few minutes happens a bit too often?

For the record this isn't a rant or even a complaint really, as both happen in my favour as well as against me, but it seems they happen too often to be realistic.

Of course, I don't have any stats to claim this as a fact, I just wanted to throw it out there to see what others think.

I've wondered about this.

The early goal is very common - as is the quick reply.

I was in the process of switching my tactics to "contain" once and scored a lucky goal just before the tactics were changed. That meant I was playing ultra defensive from the restart - not a blind bit of difference. They scored instantly.

On all occasions where this happens, I notice one of my usually reliable defenders suddenly stands still and lets the ball and opponent go past him without lifting a foot, which suggests to me the game is cheating in order to make things interesting.

I've wondered about this.

The early goal is very common - as is the quick reply.

I was in the process of switching my tactics to "contain" once and scored a lucky goal just before the tactics were changed. That meant I was playing ultra defensive from the restart - not a blind bit of difference. They scored instantly.

On all occasions where this happens, I notice one of my usually reliable defenders suddenly stands still and lets the ball and opponent go past him without lifting a foot, which suggests to me the game is cheating in order to make things interesting.

going into a contain strategy means nothing, a team could still rip you apart. Defending properly involves relieving pressure on your defence otherwise they will be too overwhelmed and they won't be able to stop the opposition from scoring. If there's a lot of pressure on your defence try going to a standard or counter-attacking strategy so that you still push forward and relieve pressure.

If i'm by 2 goals up and i'm pushing the opposition back by remaining attacking i'm defending more effectively than if i was to go defensive because i'm limiting the oppositions chances.

Personally i haven't seen any evidence of the instant reply on 10.3 and although its been said before i would say its your tactics.

going into a contain strategy means nothing, a team could still rip you apart. Defending properly involves relieving pressure on your defence otherwise they will be too overwhelmed and they won't be able to stop the opposition from scoring. If there's a lot of pressure on your defence try going to a standard or counter-attacking strategy so that you still push forward and relieve pressure.

If i'm by 2 goals up and i'm pushing the opposition back by remaining attacking i'm defending more effectively than if i was to go defensive because i'm limiting the oppositions chances.

Personally i haven't seen any evidence of the instant reply on 10.3 and although its been said before i would say its your tactics.

Ok so playing defensively is a terrible way of defending a lead? Why have it in the game then? What is its purpose?

I haven't noticed too many instant replies, however, I have noticed that almost every game starts with a highlight from kick off and these highlights usually result in a chance. I haven't had many early goals scored though.

Ok so playing defensively is a terrible way of defending a lead? Why have it in the game then? What is its purpose?

you can use a defensive strategy by all means i just think that a lot of people tend to rely on it too much, thinking that a defensive strategy ought to be able to stop nearly anything the opposition can come up with.

charlo is right, people seem to forget that a defensive approach means that you are likely to sit back and soak up attacks, not pushing forward, as such the opposition are going to have more of the ball and more attacks whereas an attack setting will see you push forward more and hopefully take some of the pressure off your defence. Both have their benefits and both will give the opposition opportunities, but imo a defensive approach puts your side under unnecessary amounts of pressure and I believe that attack is the ebst form of defence.

Yesterday Anderlecht-Hamburg : 42min : 0-1, 44min : 1-1, 45+2min : 2-1, it actually happens a lot in real, but I agree especially with a team scoring immediately after the other team scored, I have this 10x a season.

Archived