Penalties are FIXED!

Your all a load of babies, i put something on here because of things that have happened on my game, and you post back with stupid pathetic comments that a five year old would find ridiculous. If you don't want to help go away, and if you dont agree, then what's wrong with just saying that im wrong, instead of getting pathetic.

Your all a load of babies, i put something on here because of things that have happened on my game, and you post back with stupid pathetic comments that a five year old would find ridiculous. If you don't want to help go away, and if you dont agree, then what's wrong with just saying that im wrong, instead of getting pathetic.

You said that it was a fact...and they proved you wrong...so for putting that comment, you're the baby :rolleyes:

I'm not excusing rudeness from others as there is no reason we can't all be polite to each other. Similarly, if you think people are being rude then show you're the better person and rise above it by being polite, as opposed to the temptation to be rude back at people.

However, from personal experience, I haven't found what you said in your OP to be the case. In direct contradiction, I've had plenty of "confident" players miss, and plenty who are being put off by the keeper nestle the ball snugly in the corner.

IMO, while there are some issues with the match engine, penalties isn't one of them. I tend to win more shoot-outs than I lose, and when I do lose, I've not had any reason to complain about it. :)

I'm not excusing rudeness from others as there is no reason we can't all be polite to each other. Similarly, if you think people are being rude then show you're the better person and rise above it by being polite, as opposed to the temptation to be rude back at people.

However, from personal experience, I haven't found what you said in your OP to be the case. In direct contradiction, I've had plenty of "confident" players miss, and plenty who are being put off by the keeper nestle the ball snugly in the corner.

IMO, while there are some issues with the match engine, penalties isn't one of them. I tend to win more shoot-outs than I lose, and when I do lose, I've not had any reason to complain about it. :)

Yeah i know :D

My game has on all but the odd occasion done what i said in my OP. And shootouts do normally last a long time in my game, at least 9 penalties taken per team on each shootout.

Proves my point about some idiots right there :).

I'm an idiot because I stated a point? Yes, well done. I applaud you.

If you're gonna make a thread and then complain about people posting and proving what you said wrong then don't make a thread? Simple :thup:

This is a FACT. Read the commentary when a player steps up to take a penalty, if it says 'The goalkeeper is trying to put (players name) off' then he misses.

However if the 'Player steps up confidentally' He always scores :S ?

Sniff Sniff, hmmm what's that smell ? It smells like the poo from a cow.

This is a FACT. Read the commentary when a player steps up to take a penalty, if it says 'The goalkeeper is trying to put (players name) off' then he misses.

And how many times have you tested this?

That must be because your penalty taker is prone to being put off (Composure?)

Look at Liverpool v AC Milan in 2005 - Jerzy Dudek got told by his Captain (Gerard) to put on a real show in the goal mouth (like Grobelaar used to do).

His routine included the "Starfish" and the "Jelly Legs".

It got to the Milan player who minced the last penalty.

It's also true that penalties are extremely easy if you have the technique, composure and confidence to dispatch them.

So "He steps up confidently" shows that "he" expects to score. And usually will.

That must be because your penalty taker is prone to being put off (Composure?)

Look at Liverpool v AC Milan in 2005 - Jerzy Dudek got told by his Captain (Gerard) to put on a real show in the goal mouth (like Grobelaar used to do).

His routine included the "Starfish" and the "Jelly Legs".

It got to the Milan player who minced the last penalty.

It's also true that penalties are extremely easy if you have the technique, composure and confidence to dispatch them.

So "He steps up confidently" shows that "he" expects to score. And usually will.

dudek only did the spaghetti legs against one Milan penalty taker and that was shevchenko who, at the time, had amazing composure technique and confidence ;)

penalties are excellent on 10.3 the keepers actually dive in an attempt to save the ball rather than always standing in the middle.

I dunno my keeper just stands in the middle (5 times in a row over 2 seasons). once the opponent did shoot wide at least.

I confess I always stop reading these whinge posts at the oft-misused word "FACT."

Has anyone EVER seen the goalkeeper sent the wrong way on a penalty?

Whilst the match engine may be okay, why the graphical representation has never been altered, I'll never know.

No, never. Totally agree.

Has anyone EVER seen the goalkeeper sent the wrong way on a penalty?

Whilst the match engine may be okay, why the graphical representation has never been altered, I'll never know.

yes only on 10.3 though, i've also seen one of my player hit a good penalty only for the keeper to stretch all the way across goal and save it, i was devastated but also pleased to see penalties were more realistic.

What Hershie said. :)

dudek only did the spaghetti legs against one Milan penalty taker and that was shevchenko who, at the time, had amazing composure technique and confidence ;)

Shevchenko always were weak mentally though. That's why his move to Chelsea failed. ^^

Archived