Ever feel bad about beating you own team?

I am managing Everton and have had to watch the team I support slip into the Championship which was annoying. I got to the league cup final and had to face the team I love, I beat them 4-0 and now the FA Cup draw is.

Everton Vs Bristol City/Norwich

West Ham Vs Sunderland

I hope that Sunderland do not get through, I am heavy favourite to get into the final and it would really annoy me to beat them in another final if they got through. For a split second I even thought of throwing the game as I have already won a league cup title.

Does it annoy you beating the team you support in real life on a computer game?

Not really but I am slightly biased towards the team I support though, in terms of transfers etc.

I have to say i am totally biased towards United in the game ... I always sell them my players for cheap .. Never do business with UTD`s Rivals ..

When i play United, Most of the time i usually play for a draw but if i have to win , i have to win...

I dont feel bad its a challenge .. Also if it means helping United for other teams to lose then i will always do that .....

Maybe you should manage them, then you wouldn't have to beat them.

I usually do manage them just fancied a change.

I guess it was just because it was a final and being a Sunderland fan we don't get into many of those. I didn't feel bad beating them in the league, although if I had secured the title and they needed a win I would lose to them.

Yeah i do feel abit weird when beating them, i know its only a game but for some reason still feel weird,lol.

Maybe it is more weird than feeling bad, I suppose it's strange seeing the team you support lose by your own hand even in a computer game.

I was managing Chelsea, having won back-to-back titles, and dropped everything to rescue Sheffield Wednesday when Chris Waddle nearly had them relegated. 6 seasons later, and we're in the Champions League and fighting Man City for second place.

That said, I am looking to move on this summer, but if Wednesday start to slide again, make no mistake, I'll come back.

I change my tactics etc so that if I'm playing Swindon with say a Premiership club in a cup, I like to make sure I don't utterly thrash them. I play a weaker string team and play some players out of position.

I do feel bad hammering them and I often end up managing them sometime later in the game

Archived