0% of fans happy with result

First year, FA Cup final against Chelsea with Tottenham. Finished 6th, Chelsea 3rd and in the Champions League final.

In short, I lost 2-1 in a 49-51 possession game, with a difference of 2 shots (10 to me 12 to Chelsea, 5 on goal to both), were the best player was Kalou (2 goals) and the second Cech, who made 3 great saves. My team ended with an average of 6.8, wich is not that bad. It was a good game that should've had extra time, but Chelsea won it fairly, altought it could of come either way.

To my surprise, the fans were 0% happy about it!!!! 0%!!!! I know it's a final and it's Chelsea, a rival, but still... it's a goddam final against goddam Chelsea, the Champions League finalist and possibly the team with the best squad in the world!!! We are not supposed to win it! And a message later appeared saying something like "the fans were disguted at the lost, but it was still great to get to the final, were we were clear underdogs". Then why the 0%?...

I also have a save with Queen's Park, division 3 in scotland and lost 2-3 away to Morton from division 1, a professional club (i'm semi), after being 2-0 down and pulling back to 2-2 in the second half. We eventually lost it due to fatigue from trying to pull the game back, but the fans were upset because we lost it in the last 10 min! And thankfully it wasn't Partick Thistle, a rival in D1; that could've start a riot in Glasgow!

This said, everybody knows that the idea is great and that it's not perfected yet, but there is still too much emphasys on the final result and if its a rival or not. I just hope that FM11 can understand the importance/difference/history of the clubs involved.

Oh, and by the way, in QPs presentation, it says that they had it's better years in the 1880s. So howcome in the end it also says that QP has a growing history? For what I can tell, it's getting worse and worse...

Minor rant over :p

I wouldn't be happy if my favourite team lost in a cup final, no matter who it's against or how well they played.

Winning is everything, second is nowhere.

I wouldn't say second is nowhere, depends on the team. I'lld be ****ing delighted if newcastle achieved 2nd in the prem, for example.

I feel your pain, with Airdrie Utd in Scottish 1st Division I was drawn against Rangers at home in the Qtr Finals. I lost the game 3-2 in the 90th minute having held a 2-0 lead at HT, the fans went wild, complaining about the result etc. Even though its Rangers, far better than my side, and they aren't even a rival club.

I put something similar on a below thread. My Hammers just lost 1-0 at home to the Champions Man Utd. 50-50 possession, ok they had more chances but not many more and as IRL Utd just sneaked a late goal. A rare defeat I wasn't too unhappy with yet the fans are not happy and have slated individuals such as Diamanti who in the previous game got a hat-trick away at Newcastle.

Archived