Career dilemma - any help appreciated

I've been at Sporting Lisbon for two seasons:

1st: Won the league

Won the "FA" cup

Last in CL group

2nd: Won the league

Threw away the cups for European sucess

Top in CL group including Roma, and lost in 1st knockout round by Chelsea (well, not lost, but absolutely hammered up down and sideways)

Now I'm starting to get bored because without spending big money on first team players, but buying excellent regens, I know this team will win the league for the next few years with ease.

Plus to reach that next level in Europe, to be able to properly compete with the Liverpool's, Fiorentina's, Valencia's and the like in that bracket, I will need serious investment now (and the board are not giving me anywhere near enough despite continual CL qualification), or wait at least another 3 seasons, but I don't know if I've got that motivation left.

I started with the top reputation for managers (International player I think), so after the league wins, Real and AC have been poking around for me.

I'm thinking of quitting and getting back into a new league, but I'm not sure. Any thoughts?

why dont you use your youth players and save your cash until you have plenty to buy the stars of the game.

I'm so bored though. I know they'll be great players, most are already good enough to start in the league, but not in the Champions League. When they do fully develop, I will be able to compete with the higher teams, but that's my problem. Wait and suceed, or jump ship and start again.

I'm so bored though. I know they'll be great players, most are already good enough to start in the league, but not in the Champions League. When they do fully develop, I will be able to compete with the higher teams, but that's my problem. Wait and suceed, or jump ship and start again.

That's all part of being a manager though...:cool:

Archived