Somethings never change.

One can only offer apologies as I seem to of offended your sensibilities with my problem.

Thank you for your kind words of help.

:D

The translations:

1. It's not a bug. Therefore it doesn't belong in the bug's forum.

2. This is just superstition. Just because you make a sub, doesn't mean you're going to concede.

• 2 weeks later...

Even if you choose to make a sub at a specific moment, the game will not stop until the already predetermined highlight has finished- so whether you choose to make a sub or not does not affect the current highlight.

Even if you choose to make a sub at a specific moment, the game will not stop until the already predetermined highlight has finished- so whether you choose to make a sub or not does not affect the current highlight.

On this subject, it would be nice to be able to cancel a substitution if something happens between confirming changes and the actual change taking place.

For example, the score is 0-0, I go to replace a midfielder with a striker but before the sub takes place I score a goal anyway. Now I want to protect my one goal lead but it's too late, I have just changed my system, and would rather not make the sub and keep the extra man in midfield.

I'm sure you could do this on a version of the game years ago, but can't remember which.

Everyone? I think it's just the OP with a conspiracy theory, everyone else is talking sense.

What I mean is that I've seen a few threads about this "issue", saying that whenever they sub/go to the sub screen/press confirm on the sub screen the opp. automatically scores.

What I mean is that I've seen a few threads about this "issue", saying that whenever they sub/go to the sub screen/press confirm on the sub screen the opp. automatically scores.

People just seem to look for excuses as to why their team aren't performing, and rather than blame themselves they look for these conspiracy theories of the game being fixed/cheating them.

It may be a conspiracy theory, but it happened to me alot in FM07,08 and a little in 09, once on FM08 I lost 7-1 to Norwich as Wolves and 6 goals happened when I was either making a sub or making tactical changes, thats not a coincedence, haven't noticed in FM10 though.......yet.

On this subject, it would be nice to be able to cancel a substitution if something happens between confirming changes and the actual change taking place.

For example, the score is 0-0, I go to replace a midfielder with a striker but before the sub takes place I score a goal anyway. Now I want to protect my one goal lead but it's too late, I have just changed my system, and would rather not make the sub and keep the extra man in midfield.

I'm sure you could do this on a version of the game years ago, but can't remember which.

I dont recall this on previous versions but agree that it should be included and it certainly has been asked for before.

On a related topic, it annoys me infinitely much when I wait to make a sub and the substitution cancels a corner/free kick I was going to get (or rather instead of cancelling it makes it non-highlightworthy; when scrolling back to those 'killed set pieces' I saw some plenty ridiculous behaviour by my team).

You could alwyas pause the game and then go into the tactics maybe.

Yeah. So I pause the game, click tactics, do my changes, then it keeps processing the current highlight, at the end of the highlight it wants to give me a key corner/FK, and after processing my substitutions (and thus recalculating how this game is gonna go) it decides that my FK/corner is not gonna be worth a key highlight after all.

• 1 month later...

This is the reason I have stopped buying FM. I just came into the forums to see if it has been fixed yet or whether I should continue waiting for the next version of FM.

This scenario happened to me a lot in FM08 and FM09. In real life, a manager will cancel the waiting sub. FM desperately needs a confirmation prompt - right now, you're basically telling the game, "in 5 minutes I want to make a sub and I don't care if the score has changed inbetween times."

I don't understand why SI have implemented an option that makes the game less realistic than it was before?

I really want to play again, but the subs bug is so infuriating I know I'll end up quitting if I do.

I always had the feeling that making a substitution creates a "break" in the flow of the game, allowing both teams to get their heads straightened.

Usually, I try to make substitutions when I see the other team piling on the pressure... and, coincidence or not, it tends to "break" that pressure.

Interestingly, it seems that whenever one of my players is having a bad game and I try to sub him, he seems to score the match-winning goal before my change takes place!

I remember those days when it seemed to happen a lot.

It's still with me now. That's why i've developed that FM superstition to never click myself on to the tactics screen when the opposition's attacking.

Been with me since cm 97/98 :D

Remember i saw a list about things like that, that people experienced.

Can't remember when or where i saw that list. It was years and years ago, so it's probably gone now.

You could alwyas pause the game and then go into the tactics maybe.

So your saying that making subs like this is realistic? Am i the only one that sees FM is computer game and not real life? Sure I want ME and Transfer as realistic as possible.

But if you want things so realistic then SI should discard the Key Moments, because Managers in real life watch the entire match and not key moments!

This is a COMPUTER GAME. :rolleyes:

I call this thread a troll thread. :)

And call you a troll. If you do not want to contribute to a thread then don't reply to it. You wouldn't be wasting your time and avoid replies like mine.

Archived