Legend Status

Whats the deal? I unlocked the Legend achievment, but still not regarded as a Legend. I have won the treble the last 4 seasons on the trot with the quad in my last season :confused:

Also when you sign a player as backup & he knows he is back up, why then moan when not geting there game?

Also when you sign a player as backup & he knows he is back up, why then moan when not geting there game?

I agree, especially with goalkeepers. You would expect younger back up players to become unhappy eventually. Would be nice if these players could be a bit more patient in future versions

I agree, especially with goalkeepers. You would expect younger back up players to become unhappy eventually. Would be nice if these players could be a bit more patient in future versions

It would be nice if there was another team status of don't expect to play. That would buy atleast a few seasons of quiet from a backup keeper.

I agree about legend, I only achieved it on my San Marino save after winning the CL

It would be nice if there was another team status of don't expect to play. That would buy atleast a few seasons of quiet from a backup keeper.

I agree about legend, I only achieved it on my San Marino save after winning the CL

A little rotation goes a long way. If you can get your backup in for a few games against weak opponents, or even sub them once you have a big lead, it's not too hard to keep them happy.

I don't like the being disliked after leaving a club.

If Sir Alex Ferguson retired from United at the end of the season, he'd still be classed as an Icon by united fans.

I took Northampton to the Premiership and won the CL with them a few times, and was there for a good 20 - 25 years but I was hated after leaving.

That needs looking at for future FM's.

How many players or managers are regarded as Legends at certain clubs years and years after they have left?

This is based on the service they gave their clubs when they were there and is not wiped out just because they left.

The thing is that the FM researched data doesn't even fit with the rules which are built into the game.

Take the example of Martin O'Neill. He was the most successful manager of Leicester City for about 50 years and was classed as a "Legend" by the Leicester City supporters. After walking out on the club to manage Celtic he's gone on to manage Aston Villa, a rival club of Leicester, but is still (rightly) classed as a Leicester City "legend" in the FM database.

If the same thing happened in FM now he'd be disliked by the Leicester City supporters simply because he left the club.

Archived