3d Match Freezing

I am constantly having a problem that the 3d match engine randomly pixelates and crashes meaning I have to reboot my PC as it doesn't allow me to do anything.

I know there is troubleshooting options in the FAQ's at the top which I am attempting to resolve 3d match engine freezing, but why is it happening. It has never happened before 10.3 and according to the preferences screen my 3d system rating is 5 stars.

I've got quite a high spec gaming PC and as I say, i've never had this problem before. I have an ATI Radeon 4870 graphics card so that's beyond minimum spec and drivers are up to date. It doesn't make sense. Anyone at SI have any answers because this is obviously quite a major flaw and is spoiling game enjoyment, basically it is unplayable.

Please help?!

It could be your graphics card overheating, although I'm not sure if that would just freeze the game, rather than restarting (or shutting down) your computer. I had a similar problem a while ago, and it was my GPU overheating. It may be worth getting a program like SpeedFan and monitoring your GPU temperature while playing the game.

Archived