Greedy Man City Playing Monopoly

I only bought Eden Hazard in the 3rd season with Leeds. All the way to the premiership.

He cost €23m.

Then in the January transfer window greedy little Man City come in with a €46m bid and the chairman accepts it.

The player leaves.

He was only there 6 months!

When I checked out Man City squad they have something like 8 left midfielders and 5 central midfielders.

Hazard gone to Man City in January, by the end of the season he only made 2 appearances.

I couldn't attract anyone of any use to replace him.

Greedy Man City.

I only bought Eden Hazard in the 3rd season with Leeds. All the way to the premiership.

He cost €23m.

Then in the January transfer window greedy little Man City come in with a €46m bid and the chairman accepts it.

The player leaves.

He was only there 6 months!

When I checked out Man City squad they have something like 8 left midfielders and 5 central midfielders.

Hazard gone to Man City in January, by the end of the season he only made 2 appearances.

I couldn't attract anyone of any use to replace him.

Greedy Man City.

They tend to do that, in real life too just look at the Hughes era. they bought 8 strikers or so.

Good shout by Eles Gergo.

It's unlucky but can work in your favour. You made a profit, so try to look towards youth that can develop to his ability or beyond. Man City have helped me balance my books so they can come in handy.

Yeh but it's bad management by Man City? Spent 46m on a player that played twice in 6 months.

I reckon I'll get him back for about 10m when he becomes unhappy and wants to leave to get more football.

This is supposed to be Football Manager not Football Tycoon :D

It would be nice if the chairman had the brains to put in clauses into the sale, so you get 25% of the next sale or something?

They seem to blindly accept the offer. Hazard was only 23 could still improve.

Man city are hit and miss with everything

If you have any kind of reputation in world football, expect the oil man to make 30 mil bid

and a contract offer of 150,000 plus bonuses ;)

I was pretty upset with 10.2's transfer policy of continually trying to sign every young player that you have in the transfer window about 20 times before the window closed.

But now in 10.3 Man City are going around all the clubs and going to all the best players and saying NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

I was pretty upset with 10.2's transfer policy of continually trying to sign every young player that you have in the transfer window about 20 times before the window closed.

But now in 10.3 Man City are going around all the clubs and going to all the best players and saying NOM NOM NOM NOM NOM

Damn that cheating AI. :mad:;)

Man City are stupid in FM10. They buy a someone for £20m then only play them for 3 or 4 times because they don't fit in with there tactics. What was the point in buying them in the first place?

Stealing the competition maybe? Although i'll accept that FM may be abit too extreme in the way its doing this. Though tbf i haven't had it in my game.

Man City are stupid in FM10. They buy a someone for £20m then only play them for 3 or 4 times because they don't fit in with there tactics. What was the point in buying them in the first place?

If they have the money then there is no harm in doing this. I hate it when a team who doesn't have any money buys a player for £20m then only gives him about 7 games in a season, preferring instead to play the least talented Brazilian player ever. Oh wait, that's Benitez in real life!

I offered Edin Dzeko out for 5 million when he hit 31 cause I wanted a younger player to replace him. City came in and offered me £15,000,000? Needless to say, I rejected all the £5,000,000 bids and accepted the £15,000,000

lol, i has same issue with ai, every player i went for got nicked by other teams,

i made sure every player had no intrest in my target, placed my bid, got to contract, checked again no intrest, offer contract, and then next thing about 5 teams all make offers,

next thing player signs for who ever but not me.

its normally the younger players or ones that will become stars. starts to get annoying when im a newly promoted norwich team, have some good players but need that little youth and spark and you cnt get noone cuz madrid, man city, man utd, chelsea, ath madrid etc

hate it, i think ai are out to make sure they get best players. true to real life in a way but i dont stand a chance till i win prem or champions league

Man City do the same with goalkeepers though on all my saves.

They will buy 5-6 a season, and have this massive hoard of them, greediness!

Man City's Transfers in so far on my save:

2009/10

Dennis Aogo - £4.8m

Luka Modric - £26m

Milos Krasic - £19.5m

Adam Pepper - £825k

Sotiris Ninis - £4.3m

Jurgen Macho - Free

Total: £55m

2010/11

Alessandro Gamberini - £13m

Moussa Sissoko - £15.25m

Total - £28.25m

Nothing extremely strange about that in my eyes, just typical overspending.....

They always get Modric so cheap!! On mine it was just over £25m as well.

If I was too offer that amount it would get laughed at by Spurs. (Previous save, offered £30m for Modric and got rejected)

Same as Sissoko, normally costs me £18m - £23m, ok, not much cheaper but still.....

The only player I actually wanted was Ninis, but he chose them :(

They've had a 6th place and probable 6/7th place this season. Mancini has been replaced with Quique Flores

Archived