Team reputation rises slowly?

Hello, after 10 season I've got my Forest Green Rover team into premiership.

Heres my history

fgr.png

After 3-4 years in Premiership i've recently broken in the top4 and came 3rd, it's also the same season where I won the Euro Cup. but my team reputation is still low? i'm predicted to be 11th and when my team past 2 season we were 7th & 3rd. This is not a moan or anything, but how long does it take till I have a top4 reputation?

Well, think about it... It would take teams like Everton, Tottenham and Aston Villa several years of top4 spots to actually push Arsenal or Liverpool out of the top4. For a small team? You'll need to prove yourself... Alot. In real life, if that happened, you'd need atleast ten consecutive years of top4 finishes to actually be considered a top4-team and not some overachieving smalltimer.

With my Betis team I won the league when I was predicted 8th, I then won 3 consecutive titles before I was predicted to finish first.

On a side note, it always says how I was always expected to win the league now, or be in the top runners, but when it's decided i've qualified for the champions league it's an AMAZING achievement!!

I'd say it was maybe a little slow. The fact is that you are playing a team that in 10 years has gone from non-league football to the top four of the EPL, name a couple of teams that have done that? The only team to do something similar that I can think of is Hoffenheim. You've achieved a feat that is extremely improbable in real life and the game quite rightly can't react in a realistic way.

Its way too slow and its not realistic. Like any team who does well in the space of 4-5years will bump up their reputation dramatically especially with some excellent players in their team.

Not too slow at all IMO. What happened when Everton finished 4th recently? An influx of superstars desperate to play at Goodison Park? No, not much of a noticeable difference from then to now. They are slowly building and attracting better players, but it didn't just happen overnight. It took several years of top 6 finishes to get them to where they are now, managing to attract international players like Donovan, Bilyaletdinov, Fellaini, and keeping hold of Rodwell and Gosling.

In my opinion the slower reputation rise is a big plus on the longevity of this game, on previous incarnations I found it too easy to attract world class stars to a team after a few successful seasons. It seems a lot more steady on this one. In fact after winning the premiership for a third season in a row, my management have now insisted that I win it again, as opposed to challenge for Europe.

It's completely realistic!

Your rep only shoots up if you win something. Otherwise, your rep does increase to the point you can attract a certain calibre of player for that level, but not necessarily Leo Messi!

In my current save, I took Sangonera from the lower reaches of Spain to Liga BBVA - first few seasons I could attract mediocre standard players. Once I struggled to a Liga BBVA title, I could get substantially better players.

Very realistic - take Fulham, for example. In the EPL for years, but I'm guaranteeing that there would be a fair chunk of Juve fans who couldn't name a single player for them before they played the other day.

I wonder whether rep should be spread out a little more and have a few more different types of rep. The OP's situation is interesting because he's taken a small club through the leagues and managed to qualify for Europe, realistically that probably won't make much of a difference to his ability to sign players from abroad, but on a national scale his club's rep should be through the roof. Let's be honest, if that happened irl the club rep, regards actual reputation, would be 100%.

So, should it be split up further? Supporter/Reknown Reputation & Player Reputation. His team is well known around the world because of their unbelieveable run from Lower League to the Champions League, but their rep for signing players remains relatively low. It would recognise our achievements, but make the distinction between doing well and being a desireable club.

Nomis: His national rep wouldn't be that high either to be frank - look at Wigan and Fulham who have done similar in coming through the divisions. Unless you win something your rep doesn't notably change in reality either.

I disagree, at the time of Fulham's promotion to the Premiership there was talk of them spending fortunes and qualifying for Europe within a couple of years. Their rep was boosted by their jump from lower league to Premier League and had they qualified for the Champions League their rep would have went through the roof.

However, both examples aren't necessarily relevant to the OP, neither side ahs gone on to qualify for the CL, so you can't compare their lack of rep with the rep of a side who jumped from LL to Europe's top competition. Or are you trying to tell me that Wigan's rep wouldn't be sky high had they finished 2nd within 10 seasons of being in League Two?

I disagree, at the time of Fulham's promotion to the Premiership there was talk of them spending fortunes and qualifying for Europe within a couple of years. Their rep was boosted by their jump from lower league to Premier League and had they qualified for the Champions League their rep would have went through the roof.

However, both examples aren't necessarily relevant to the OP, neither side ahs gone on to qualify for the CL, so you can't compare their lack of rep with the rep of a side who jumped from LL to Europe's top competition. Or are you trying to tell me that Wigan's rep wouldn't be sky high had they finished 2nd within 10 seasons of being in League Two?

It'd be "high", not "sky high".

For example, Everton finished 4th one year and edged Liverpool to 5th. Who remained the bigger club? Liverpool. Who still couldn't attract world class talent despite Champions League qualification? Everton!

And I'm an Evertonian!

In your example, Wigans rep would improve but not be through the roof as they would still be unproven. Man City still can't grab the Messi's of this world despite the financial muscle because they are unproven. They may in the future, but despite a growing reputation, they aren't there yet. Man Utd are far more likely to attract a Messi despite being bankrupt in comparison to City, because their reputation is established.

You've went off on a bit of a tangent there, can't rememebr me or the OP saying that their rep should be higher than the most famous teams in the division, just that it should rise quicker than it currently does. When I say through the roof, I mean a drastic rise for a team with low rep, not a steady trickle and not to surpass the bog boys. For a short period it may well be 100%, what with the initial furore etc, but that would be difficult to code.

When you say;

It'd be "high", not "sky high".

You're actually agreeing with both of us and moving away from your original post that the current set up is "completely realistic!", but the rep of the other teams actually has nothing to do with this conversation.

You've went off on a bit of a tangent there, can't rememebr me or the OP saying that their rep should be higher than the most famous teams in the division, just that it should rise quicker than it currently does. When I say through the roof, I mean a drastic rise for a team with low rep, not a steady trickle and not to surpass the bog boys. For a short period it may well be 100%, but that would be difficult to code.

When you say;

You're actually agreeing with both of us and moving away from your original post that the current set up is "completely realistic!", but the rep of the other teams actually has nothing to do with this conversation.

I believe my original post was...

Your rep only shoots up if you win something. Otherwise, your rep does increase to the point you can attract a certain calibre of player for that level, but not necessarily Leo Messi!

Which is exactly the point I maintain. I've managed a side with the exact circumstances described above. I finished 7th and could attract a better calibre of player, then I finished in the top four and again my rep increased marginally to the point it could be considered "high". When I won the league, I received a rep "boost".

In my view, it's completely realistic for the points I've stated several times now.

The OP should NOT have a reputation to compete with even the likes of Arsenal, despite finishing 3rd, because he hasn't established a consistent reputation and basically hasn't won anything.

You seem to have went off on a bit of a tangent and missed my point :)

I'll point out once again, nobody said that the rep should be higher than someone like Arsenal, I said that it should shoot up and that winning had nothing to do with it. What does Arsenal's rep have to do with it? Why are other teams reps being dragged into this discussion?

Forget about the rest of the league, forget about everything else! Should a team that were predicted to finish 11th, but finished 3rd and won the Euro Cup have a sudden boost in rep? And going back to the context of my original point, should they have a boost in reknown rep, but no boost in player rep?

I've gone on no tangent whatsoever.

Should a team that were predicted to finish 11th, but finished 3rd and won the Euro Cup have a sudden boost in rep?

No, not a sudden boost in rep - a gradual increase and that's all. The win in the Euro Cup should provide a "good" increase in rep but it's considered a minor trophy. I can't help but bring in other sides as comparison as we're talking about whether it's realistic. Shakhtar aren't suddenly attracting world beaters and they won the UEFA Cup, but they received a marginal long term rep increase. Similarly, Middlesbrough winning the League Cup wouldn't give them a significant "rep boost" either - not even domestically.

And going back to the context of my original point, should they have a boost in reknown rep, but no boost in player rep?

Again, no. Forest Green WILL have received a reputation increase, but a proportionate one. I have no idea what you're referring to in terms of a "rep boost", when I'm pretty sure the OP will have gained enough reputation to compete in the division for transfers.

You're placing too much emphasis on short term achievement as an impact on long term reputation. In the example of the original poster, he's done absolutely nothing thus far to suggest that "team reputation rises slowly?" which is the topic, because he's only finished in the top four once and won a minor European trophy. There's no doubt in my mind that his reputation as it is is completely realistic.

Reputation increases every season he's in the top level in a gradual fashion compared to the high achievers in the division.

I would say its abit slow, your rep should've atleast rised A LITTLE(its nice to know the game is valuing your achievements, thats part of what was great about cm0102), but its things like that in fm you just have to look past. Can it be edited in FMRTE? If i understood how to get that thing open on my bloody computer(cant seem to) i'lld probs rise the rep slightly when its realistic to do so.

OK I'll answer the OP directly! xD

Hello, after 10 season I've got my Forest Green Rover team into premiership.

After 3-4 years in Premiership i've recently broken in the top4 and came 3rd, it's also the same season where I won the Euro Cup. but my team reputation is still low? i'm predicted to be 11th and when my team past 2 season we were 7th & 3rd. This is not a moan or anything, but how long does it take till I have a top4 reputation?

1. You've only been in the EPL four years, meaning your rep has steadily increased but you are still not an established top side.

2. You struggled for two years before finally doing well last year. This means you've only had two good season in the division, which will have increased your reputation (even when you finished 7th, I'm guessing the bookies would have predicted you'd finish 16/17th because they wouldn't have faith in you "maintaining" your improvement.)

3. You will achieve a top four-style reputation when you consistently finish in the top four - one season isn't enough. As it stands, a team that finished 4th in the past three seasons will have a higher reputation than you even though you finished above them last year, because they are more established in the division and at that calibre.

4. The Euro Cup makes little impact, other than providing a short boost to your continental reputation.

Makes perfect sense, due to two top four finishes in a row including a title win, meaning you're now genuine title contenders.

On my game with Spanish minnows Sangonera, I've won the title two years running - but I'm still predicted 2nd - which makes perfect sense because Real Madrid won the title four years in a row previous and have finished 2nd twice since.

FORESTGREENHOME1.pngFORESTGREENAWAY1.png

Just a quick mock up to replace those kits xD

Sorry for bumping a thread, but rather that than opening up a new one.

I'm playing with Ajax. I've won the Eresdivise three out of three times, i've won the Dutch cup two out of three times and I've reached the quarter finals in the Champions League. Why the heck does PSV every season become favourites? I'm dominating them, both in the Eresdivise and in Europe!

Archived