A Question about Sponsorship

I am currently managing Glasgow Rangers in the SPL. When i took over the club at the start of the game they had 2 kit sponsorship deals which were as follows. ( all figure in Pounds sterling. I think the figures are correct but if not they are fairly close)

Deal 1: main kit sponsorship deal at 5.25mill per season. Ends 2010

Deal 2: Other Kit Sponsorship deal at 750K per season. Ends 2010

I have got to january 1st 2011 and was informed that i had a new main kit sponsorship deal worth 850K per season. I assumed that the other multi million dollar deal would also be renewed but i am now nearing the end of January and as yet have had no word on any other sponsorship deals. So i am thinking that i have just lost 5.25mill a season and with Rangers current finacial woes that is BIG money.

I seem to rember that IRL Rangers have sold of there Shirt sales rights or something like that to JJB. Is this what the 5.25mill was for and the game cant replicate this thus why i have lost 5.25mil a season? Obviously if this is what has happened i should get that money anyway through shirt sales now?

Has anyone else managing Rangers had any experience with this.

Hope that made sense and any help greatly appreciated.

The sponsorship system clearly needs some work. on FM09 my world beating villa team had one sponsor worth £5million in fm10 my world beating Betis team had one sponsor worth £2.8million pounds. I have never had more than one sponsor in a game after the others have run out.

Well I can tell you this, at Dinamo buc. fc I had around 6-7 sponsors, one bigger one ant the rest ranging from 50.000 euros - to 250.000 euros.

After the first season they expired (most of them) and I got new ones a big one, and 10 or so little ones, a had to scroll down if i wanted to see the bottom of the list.

Well it doesn't mean that i got huge cash from them but for me it worked so far.

The sponsorship system clearly needs some work. on FM09 my world beating villa team had one sponsor worth £5million in fm10 my world beating Betis team had one sponsor worth £2.8million pounds. I have never had more than one sponsor in a game after the others have run out.

For the past two seasons Aston Villa have donated money to the Acorns Hospice and have their logo on their shirts.

I agree, the sponsorships part of the game could use some work. I remember people having huge problems with getting fair sponsorship money (as opposed to top tier teams) for teams they've brought up from far below.

To fuzzrab:

Hey mate, I'm with Rangers and in 2015, I forgot to check my sponsorship details but I must have got a new one. The 5mil one is gone and I have a new deal worth 1.36mil pounds a year, ends 2016. I can't remember seeing this being announced but it must have been ages ago.

Archived