Your club and country team thread

Guest leedsUnited-Beckford

Guest leedsUnited-Beckford

State your tclub team and country team and lets see the random combinations people have

im with leeds and mali ( there pretty good to be honest ) haha

I've managed (and I've always managed one country with each club, no overlaps, which is mainly coincidence):

Man City (09-11) & Ivory Coast (World Cup 2010)

Sevilla (11-12) & Belgium (Euro 2012)

Chelsea (12-14) & England (World Cup 2014)

Sheff Wed (14-present [currently 2020]) & Ukraine (Euro 2020)

nice red owl at one stage i was with cook islands 210 in the world ahha was so sad

Most of the small countries on my game I can't play as, although I had the chance to apply for the DR of Congo role; I am too close to a major tournament with Ukraine to consider it though.

As it happens, it looks like I'll be moving on from both club and country this summer; I've pretty much peaked with Wednesday, and I plan on applying for any big roles in the summer, both club and country-wise.

Jablonec (Czech rep) and Burkina Faso way back in 05, in the days when I was stuck in the obscure teams. Have a bit of an on and off attitude to international management really, had the Ivory coast and South Africa during my time with Metalist with the Ukraine (along with that national team) this year and Greece and Ipswich in 09 (with the best forward in the world being Greek and already playing for me, and a defender arriving at the same time).

Aston Villa in 2016/17. I had a stint with the Poland u21s a few seasons before while managing Port Talbot Town, but I quit after one match when I could see that the team was going nowhere and my international duties would just be a chore.

Previously, I managed Cote d'Ivoire and Wrexham at the same time on FM09.

It seems to me that Ivory Coast is the easiest job to get :)

I'm guessing it's because in a lot of games they do badly at the 2010 ACON, and need a new manager, which would be (certainly for most players) their first chance to manage a team who will be at the upcoming World Cup.

It's certainly what happened with me.

Couple different saves...

Heerenveen and Sweden U21s

Manchester City and Ivory Coast

Manchester City and Bermuda, followed by Togo, followed by Spain. Resigned from Manchester City during time at Spain to manager Aston Villa for two season, currently Juventus in second season.

Olympiokos U... and Ivory Coast

In FM09, Arsenal and Ireland, followed by USA.

had a network game with mates, I was Arsenal and took S.A. to the World Cup second round. Fairytale stuff really, thrashed by the US in our first game 3-0, drew Germany 0-0, and then beat Paraguay 3-1 on a Dikcgacoi hat-trick (how random) to progress. Lost 1-0 to Italy in the round of 16 but the nation was already rejoicing.

My roommate in that network game was Liverpool, took Ivory Coast to the round of 16. The Chelsea/Ghana lad didn't make it out of his group.

On another network game, Spanish league this time, I had Barca and took Scotland for the last few games of WC qualifying. Missed out on the playoffs by a hair. Staying with them and the Euros look a bit of a bridge too far. My mate who was Real Madrid took Ivory Coast to the round of 16 again, lost to Brazil on a late goal, heartbreaking stuff as he had accidentally left his team mentality on overload after scoring an equalizer, hahah.

My long-term "career" game is with Toronto FC, managed to get the Canada u-20s job despite having Sunday League experience. My last go on the old patch, I just missed out on the u-20 World Cup - this time I can do it, as 10.3 has incorporated some new youngsters!

I just left Ukraine (after leading them to a highly unlikely semi final in the Euros)

Got rejected by Switzerland, Serbia and Netherlands. Really getting annoyed by how much I get rejected by national teams, that, frankly, should be falling over themselves for the best active manager in the game.

Archived