FM 11: Thoughts and Ideas (TAKE A LOOK)

Most of ull can hate me for saying this or deny it, i've been reading a lot of what people suggest should be implemented in future versions of the game, but its a game for crying out loud.

One thread said that we should have the choice to chose where the FA cup ties are held (home/away) and another one spoke abot how we should .its like suggesting that another game in the action genre...add something else to it for example MW2, we should have the ability to smoke a sig while campingm thhats a good thought but a crazy idea. Its all very nice and imaginative to think of new ways to improve the game, but i think some of it really have to be realistic.

I think FM should come up with better ways for sure and really take us in depth into the life of a football manager but at the same time not really bore you out thats what makes a good game. It needs to have depth and at the same time shouldnt really drag on forever...I think most of what i've read from the forums are all some really good ideas such as bette press conferences, more engaged training sessions but can they be implemented?? thats the question...its always going to be really hard to take a IRL situation and put it in a game however in saying that FM should be looking at giving us an experience that is closest to what a manager goes through during his career and his regular day at the club...it would be foolish to suggest that you as a manager should be allowed to go the supermarket and buy your groceries...or pick up ur kids from school...or shag ur missus...its all sounds very appealing but does it add anything to the game??? if it doesnt really add anything to the game then its a waste.

One thing that I really feel needs to be changed is the realism of FM as a whole...youll get some wacked out wonderkids who cost like 15 milion quid to come to a club of Luton Town stature just cause you have the money...honestly i dont think anyone would want to go there...i think a bit of realism needs to be added in the game regarding transfers...cause if you can get kaka to aston villa...something is really wrong...that dude turned down 125 million pounds to go to MAn City but went to Madrid for a mere 56 million. Players need to be really hard to get...cause what i've noticed is that most people take small clubs and wheal and deal for the first couple of season and then spend big on major stars...honestly IRL no one would come to that club...unless they have proved themselves over the years...players should have a bigger say in the transfers..

Another thing that i've noticed is no matter what teams you put out sometimes with the big clubs they seem to trash the smaller teams even if you put u-18s...especially with Liverpool in FM10...this is soo not realistic...i think no matter what team you take let it be Arsenal, Barcelona or hell even Tranmere...your team's success should depend on what you as a manager bring to the table regarding your tactics, subs during the game, training, players you bring in, confidence, etc...cause what I've noticed is that some teams seem to mirror the real lifes performance in the game even when you've done nothing to actually show that you deserve to win the game..

Also, I think managers should really be more hands on with their players...especially when communicating with them...the communication in the game is sooooo limited...it basically adds nothing to it...all you do is ask your players for suggestions...thats lame...I think what fifa manager did was you interact with your players...like tell him he had a good game last week....or that your planning on resting him for next weeks game...that should then have some kinda affect on his confidence in himself and in you.

And finally you should be given more say in the club you are managing...like merchandising, fan days, sponsor days, youth days etc...all that would really add something to the game...here all we do is buy and sell players...it kinda gets stale after a while...you should be able to suggest propositions to your chairman, like a new player.

After playing Fifa Manager the last couple of years, this was my first foray into the world of FM and overall I thought the game was much better than Fifa Manager but it lacks depth and you can get quite bored after a while...Theres not really much you as a manager do besides...buying and selling players...training and overseeing a match...And at the risk of taking this convo tooo far...I really hope SI do a better job with the layout and the skins in the game...its sooo dull and boring...I actually get bored looking at the white and black background when playing at night...you need to add some color to it...we freaking pay $40 bucks for it..

Guest leedsUnited-Beckford

id ;iek to add to this that the only thing i want changed is the graffics of the 3d match day and stuff be awesome

you can already tell players you are going to rest them or tell them they have had a good game so i dont understand where you coming from with that. As for having a say in merchandising, that is nothing to do with the manager. Fan days, sponsor days and youth days are probably down to PR. Again nothing to do with the manager.

you say

Theres not really much you as a manager do besides...buying and selling players...training and overseeing a match.
guess what. Thats pretty much all a manager does. Thats why its football manager and not PR Manager or Chairman Manager.

Really how can you say you have played Fifa Manager for a couple of years and then say Football Manager lacks depth?

If your bored at looking at the skins then download one. There are many very good skins out there. Its actually good that SI let you incorporate your own skins into the game.

they all seem to have some kind of virus in them...i've tried downloading them

you can already tell players you are going to rest them or tell them they have had a good game so i dont understand where you coming from with that. As for having a say in merchandising, that is nothing to do with the manager. Fan days, sponsor days and youth days are probably down to PR. Again nothing to do with the manager.

you say guess what. Thats pretty much all a manager does. Thats why its football manager and not PR Manager or Chairman Manager.

Really how can you say you have played Fifa Manager for a couple of years and then say Football Manager lacks depth?

If your bored at looking at the skins then download one. There are many very good skins out there. Its actually good that SI let you incorporate your own skins into the game.

You can download skins, can't you?

I think some suggestions i've read here are abit strange, like building your own stadium, as if a manager is some part-time bob the builder, or genius post modern architect. That said, if this is to be a true management simulation, the player interaction needs to be less forumlaic and more reactive and varied. But then again i'm not a computer programmer and so i don't know how easy/hard it is.

shag the missus lol. ~Or in avrams case, visit a 'massage parlour'...

they all seem to have some kind of virus in them...i've tried downloading them

My guess is that you have a problem with your anti-virus software being too anal rather than all downloadable skins being infected by viruses...

Archived