Penalties

Just had my Ivory Coast squad play Mexico in the World Cup 2010 third place game. Tied 1-1 at the end of regulation and extra time. Went into penalties, Mexico scored, saved my penalty, my keeper saved theirs, they saved mine, they scored, they saved, they scored.

I guess my point is the game went from 15-14 penalty final scores to 3-0 on saves alone with no misses. I was a nice fix until now. I've never seen this until now.

This is a one-off incident so I have no further proof of this...I don't mean this as a rant or complaint, just wanted to see if anyone else noticed this.

I'm pretty sure in real life more penalties are saved than missed (it's not THAT hard to hit the goal from 12 yards with a dead ball, after all :D), so definitely better for most/all "missed" penalties to be saved by the goalkeeper rather than hit wide of the post or over the bar...or just hit straight at the keeper who had a horrible habit of never moving.

I've yet to witness a penalty shootout in one of my games in 10.3. I've heard that the diving issue has finally been fixed so 'keepers will dive for the ball rather than staying rooted to the spot in the middle of the goal. But have they fixed another issue in that when the goalie did dive for a penalty (read: he collapsed to one side), he always went the correct way?

Archived