Buy back price clause

I have a few questions regarding this clause.

1) Has anyone already tried this clause ?

2) Is there a specific tricky way to successfully use it ?

3) If used then can we buy back the player at any date any year as long as he plays for the club we sold him to ? (this is how I understand it)

4) Would the buy back require the player to be interested in playing again for us (as once a player joins a team he generally doesn't want to change too soon) ?

Thanks for any information on this :thup:

charlo pretty much summed it up. I haven't tried it yet in FM10 but I did it a fair bit in FM09. I used it mainly with youth players that would most likely not move from the club in question for a while and still develop. There's not much point doing it if you sell youth to a low div club as by the time he gets good he's already been to a few clubs so the clause is defunct.

Yes I do shortlist them.

I have just tried and manage with a youth (or 20's) that I don't have the time (in first team) to develop. I have tried to buy him back straight away to see and despite his love for me, the club (no comparison with his current), he would rather stay there (I guess for play time and maybe professionalism). I guess one year or so might be enough.

What I will try to do is doing so for more confirmed player that I don't have in use in the first team and see if they develop better than the one I will choose to keep. If it works it will avoid me to lose again (6M last time) in buying back a player that I sold 1 year ago without this option^.

Thanks for your help guys, interesting clause for players you are indecise or when you have stars in double I think :)

Is it me or as it is harder to sell players at a high price with this option, you almost lose half of the money you could make without the option ? And it looks like something used not very often here doesn't it ?

Archived