Hidden attributes

Probably been discussed several times before; well I don't wan't to trigger a discussion, could just someone tell me what are the hidden atributes that describe players and staff skills, personality or potential? In other words: how much more is there behind those little numbers that you can not see, that can make a loser of a wonder kid and a star of a loser (well, sometimes at least :-)

Someone did some research into this either here or in the tactics & training forum and found that professionalism was the most important stat for player development (although the research was fatally flawed imho).

One of the many reasons I don't use editors/genie scout etc - it would take the fun out the game if I knew within a minute which 16 year olds could become stars - picking just from the attributes SI wants you to see and then turning them into a star is much more rewarding, even if you do get some turkeys!!

He's just asking what the attributes are.

Consistency

Dirtiness

Important Matches

Injury Proneness

Versatility

And hidden personality attributes:

Adaptability

Ambition

Controversy

Loyalty

Pressure

Professionalism

Sportsmanship

Temperament

Staff have a whole different set, most of which are only relevant if they take control of your reserves or youth matches, or if your assman takes control of games.

So there is no attribute that would desribe sth like player's limits of potential. Hmmm... I was considering visible attributes as a matrix of potential AND maximal at the same time skills that a player can achive. And imagined that every player has kind of a "potentiometer" - a multiplayer that would describe how muach of his potential (visible attributes) he can in fact offer. Guess i was wrong.

Thank u for yor answer.

CA/PA are not very accurate measures of a player's effectiveness in a position though, since it is essentially one number incorporating all factors, so two centre-backs with the same CA may be capable of very different achievements depending on (for example) where his attributes are weighted.

Also very few players reach their PA so it can't be used accurately for working out how much a player is going to improve by.

Archived