scottish under 18's training bug ?

Players in scotland are able to sign professional contracts at the age of 16

Might be a good time to explain that i in fact support Rangers,at start of new game most under 18's should be in under 18 training, not in first team training , this problem did not exist pre 10.3

His players are on profesional contracts, the problem is that they can only be put onto first team training schedules. The option to put them onto youth training schedules ( including the ones the games start with ) is greyed out. Meaning they will not develop as well as they should. Could be considered a game breaker since he has to focus on having other teams train good youths. Also screws him with the homegrown and trained by club rule.

Apparently its better to have promising youth on full time contracts anyway to take advantage of better training.

Homegrown just means the youth need to be at the club for three years before turning 21.

I could be wrong in both those statements for FM10

My Rangers save is fine because it started pre 10.3, but is now 10.3. Wonder if anyone else has encountered this problem.

All my youth on full-time contracts can't be trained on youth schedules. Once they sign that contract they become professional, so I have 17 year olds on full time training with the first team and the youth training is greyed out.

Are you just saying for realism they should be on youth contracts, eg. The real players like Durie, D. Cole, Wylde, Campbell and so on?

Or is this happening every season, you youth intake (newgens) all start with fulltime contracts?

The problem is definitely because they are all on full time contracts , also any future signings cannot be offered youth contract, so i guess if i played until next season the youth intake would also be on full time contract, i also found another problem when i signed out of contract under 18 ,the option to offer signing on fee is greyed out .

Archived