Manager points...

Should be given manager points for things other than wins.  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Should be given manager points for things other than wins.

• Yeap.
    • Nope.

Does anyone else think that you should accrue points for coming second in things like the league and FA Cup and the Champions League. From my research on my own games so far i don't get anything unless i win them. However in real life a manager that manages to steer a team to the final despite all the odds does go up in "rank" as it where.

So cast your vote. Should the points be better spread out, or simply add on new points for other aspects of the competition.

Yes. I also think you should get points for other competitions as well. I won the League Cup and didn't get any points for it. I also think you should get points for finishing second or third in the league if you weren't expected to do well.

That wasn't quite my point, i was meaning more the comps you already get points for, you should also get points for coming second. THAT SAID i totally agree with what you say, Carling Cup should count, even for just 15-20 manager points. Along with the WCCC and CS and ESCC etc. Infact i used to have a thread on that very subject.

Agree completely. Not sure how you'd do it though, because arguably then there's an argument for getting more points if you do it with a lower reputation team or maybe points for getting to a semi final with a poor team (a la Pompey). I'd definitely like to see points for the smaller comps though, particularly JPT for lower league bosses and carling cups etc.

I think your reputation IS affected. Yet, I have never inquired in any way, so I might be wrong.

Btw I still miss the manager points system from back in the old CM days. :(

Your reputation might be affected slightly, but you don't get any more points.

I'm glad I found this thread, can anyone tell me how you actually view your own points? I can't seem to find anyway of seeing my points or rank, all I can see is my own 'profile' which shows me my reputation and win percentage etc.

I also prefer the old system, my favourite version is CM9798 so pretty much every edition of CM/FM has disappointed me since then. I think the franchise went seriously downhill after the split, my last enjoyable game was 2003/04. However, after a disastrous first game of FM2010, I played it again (through Steam this time) and I seem to be doing really well with Bangor and now Dunfermline.

I am loving the belated option to customise player searches and views, but I still think there is a bit too much (especially for the player search), the simplicity has gone in trying to make it 'realistic' (aka boring and long).

Some thoughts on the game (apologies for the poor grammar);

should be and option offer players on 'trial or loan' not one or the other

should be able to only tell scouts to recommend someone a certain star or over/discard older searches

when negotiating an offer should be able to send the same terms to all teams making an offer not just 'last negotiation'

when you buy or sell a player their value should change not remain the same as what they were bought for

seems to be a disparency in value compared to star rating (asst/scout) compared to how they play

'select all' option for manage subscriptions + should get messages for JOBS

Should be an easily viewable manager points section (and global reputation manager league) like in the older versions

more bonuses/achievements when playing through Steam

unrealistic odds sometimes

should be able to turn media feature off, it has been pretty much the same (and boring/repetitive due to the same questions and limited responses over and over again)

should be able to subscribe to things such as job vacancies which seem to come and go without me knowing unless I constantly check the job security screen

managers (and in particular manager awards) should take into account the team the manager is managing. I.e top 3 teams in the league usually get manager awards, but a manager taking a relegation threatened team to 4th is more of an achievement than a manager taking a league winning team to a 'lowly' position of 3rd

and many more things I can't remember right now..

As for bugs, sadly they have been in nearly every edition of CM I've had. In the second game in the CM3 series, it let me play a full 100 seasons and then continued. There was a Polish player aged 92 and a Swede aged 56, I emailed Sigames or whoever dealt with it at the time and they did nothing. Gutted I never got to 'complete' the game. With 2003 edition I went from lowly Gala Fairydean to Notts County to Everton to Roma and won everything. After about 20 seasons the game crashed at the same point no matter what.

I'd love to see manager points reintroduced. As said by petey, you can win loads of stuff but never get anywhere near the HoF if you're a lower league manager. There should be a tangible way for managers of non-superteams to gauge their performances against each other.

Well, to prove that this isn't an angst filled jealousy thread, i've just, for example, been crowned best manager ever after winning, amongst other things, the Premiership for the first ten years in a row. So it's simply the way i think it should be. No points for getting to the champions league final for example, that's just ridiculous. Also as someone said managing to get in the top four with someone like Man City. There should be a sliding scale for it that is worked out by the Eidos team. Yes no one ever really remembers the team who lost, but people do remember the manager and individual players behind the team who lost funnily enough.

Nope, Neji said it jokingly, but 2nd place is failure. It still affects rep, which is the most important thing, no big deal if you don't get points.

That's not exactly true as your manager rating is only affected by POINTS, it has nothing to do with reputation and how many competitions you've lost.

Have I somehow missed a complete revamp of the system???

Where are the manager points??? The hall of fame ones? Since when do they impact reputation?

Afaik reputation, the 1-9999 value, is impacted on a daily basis by how you perform and that is the determining value for your chances to get jobs and so on.

So much I thought. Have I missed something?

In the indeed I sometimes feel that a good achievement relative to the club stature is often underrated as long as no silverware is won whereas generally winning lower divisions is far overrated. A CCC title is no where near worth as much as a League Cup win, in all due respect.

i don't think points should be awarded for finishing second because if u were real madrid and finished second thats nothing to be proud of, same with any big team, you could finish second 20 years in a row then end up being a highly reputable manager without ever winning anything

Archived