Transfer Press Conferences

Not really an issue but just wondered whether others have had this. I just bought a 15 year old midfielder for £9.5m which in my mind is quite a lot however the Press Conference suggested that I had got the player "on the cheap and would I continue to look for bargains."

Now either the game knows this player is going to be amazing and worth 50-60m later in life (lets hope) or its because I am Arsenal and 9.5m I guess isn't huge compared to what could be spent (which would seem like a little error in the code possibly not considering the age/experience of the player when making that statement?!?!?!)

This is one of my favorite additions to the game this year, but I only hold them for really high profile signings.

£9.5 million for a 15 year old cheap? haha what year are you in? the £ must have taken a battering on the exchange! or he has a really high PA and could have gone for more.

What annoys me is when you bring in a free transfer and the comment goes "After what you spent on x is there an expectation for him to repay your confidence" or something like that. The player is a free transfer, there was no money spent. I have deduced the game is not intelligent enough to tell the difference and so treats every transfer in the same way hence the OP comment received. It really needs expanding this feature, its the same questions time and again and whatever you reply in the text box is totally ignored. I tried by calling the journalist an idiot and the press statement said "Manager delighted by player x" totally oblivious to my insult towards the journalist. IRL this would be front page news or have we all forgotten Joe Kinnear?

The text box is just for fun I thought, the game only pastes it into the news article and doesn't try to understand it.

Which makes it a pointless feature. I'd rather they either make use of these features or remove them completely. All they do is annoy ppl.

If you swear in the text box, the game notices. You get described as giving a "foul-mouthed rant" or such like. But the word filter probably doesn't contain every insult you might want to type.

Haha really? it must pick up key words then but still a bit of a cosmetic addition than a useful feature.

Which makes it a pointless feature. I'd rather they either make use of these features or remove them completely. All they do is annoy ppl.

It's good for network games. Don't see the problem, if you don't like it don't use it. If it annoys people then those people are either easily annoyed or thick.

It's good for network games. Don't see the problem, if you don't like it don't use it. If it annoys people then those people are either easily annoyed or thick.

I understand ppl play network games and you clearly do BUT FM is not a network game, for that you have FM Live. So features that have no use for a standalone game should be commented on and removed if pointless.

They're right to say its a pointless feature though, it really adds nothing to the actual game.

So you know that you can't play as real teams with real squads then, so it's completely different to a network game in which you can play as your favourite team, with your favourite players and agaisnt close friends rather than an assortment of randoms. That's why FM needs a network feature and that's why a piffly little feature that means nothing and would probably take more time to remove than maintain is worth keeping in.

Archived