player discipline

I issue a warning for first time offences then a small fine for any further offences - unless it is a star player who I don't want to **** off. Its simple really.

Its rare they get ****ed off about a warning for a red card and if anyone misses training fine them loads and get rid

Don't warn them or fine them for yellow cards (even 2 yellows and a sending off) - it often leads to discontent and really is not worth the hassle.

Fine them 2 weeks wages every red card (no warnings)

Do that every time and you will be fine (no pun intended)

Don't warn them or fine them for yellow cards (even 2 yellows and a sending off) - it often leads to discontent and really is not worth the hassle.

Discontent disappears after 2 weeks and they TEND NOT TO DO THAT AGAIN.

Discontent disappears after 2 weeks and they TEND NOT TO DO THAT AGAIN.

They may get over their discontent - but they will still feel unfairly treated and it is probable, based on their reaction, that they are right.

If they are discontented then it means they THINK they haven't done anything wrong ie they don't believe they should have been sent off which is why they are unhappy that you are warning/fining them, so your argument is flawed.

Can you see why punishing them in that situation is not a good idea?

You can't know in advance if a player is guilty because the game doesn't supply enough information so why risk making a player feel unfairly treated?

There is nothing wrong with fining players that get 2nd red card in the same season for whatever reason. Only time I'd restrain from that is if I would appeal and the appeal would work. I NEVER had a player so discontent he had to be sold.

But I had players being sent off 3 times in half a season cuz they think they will get away with it. After every fine they declared unfair treatment, every time they apologized after 2-3 weeks, next 2 seasons they got NO REDS.

There is nothing wrong with my level of discipline for FM2010.

Point.

You can't know in advance if a player is guilty because the game doesn't supply enough information so why risk making a player feel unfairly treated?

Did you ever took a look at post-match screen - Referee, and match day experience message in your In-box folder?

Did you ever took a look at post-match screen - Referee, and match day experience message in your In-box folder?

Yes, but yellow cards is different from red cards and in this case we are taling about punishing players for two yellow cards - not a red.

Archived