10.3 Bullet headers

The main gripe I had against patch 10.3 was that my players are missing point blank headers. I just watched the last 5 games of my team, focusing on a very good targetman (see his stats in this thread) in my team (extended highlights). The most peculiar issue was that even in very good positions, the player was not going for a bullet header into the corner/top of the net. He was either heading down, trying diving headers or trying looping headers. The only missing thing was a bullet header, and by going by his stats, he should be doing it a lot.

Bullet headers are a potent weapon for most players with good heading in football, and it was almost non existent in the game. Anyone else noticed this?

For lazy people, here's the player's profile.

That's a good point. Attacking crosses from the byline, players tend to head straight down at the goalkeeper. Headers from further away, where a bullet would still be viable, tend to be looping headers. I know PaulC said this was an area he wasn't sure about, and he didn't want crossing to become "too effective" on the last patch, so he erred on the side of caution.

Archived