Huge Bilbao bug - U Can Sign NON-Basque Players Any Time in 1030~!!!

I was managing Athletic Bilbao in Liga BBVA, so its supposed to be that I can only sign

1) Basque players of any age

2) Spanish players of age 16 or below

then I came across a post in a China FM forum (am bilingual) and saw this bug being posted by another Bilbao player

15319519.jpg

The poster mentioned that there are 2 conditions for this bug:

1) u are interested in the player in the 1st place

2) the team offers u the player and also transfer listing him at the same time

and this bug will pop up, when the team offers u the player, u get the option of "Make Offer", and u CAN make an offer, get accepted, offer contract, and.....done deal juz like that

not trusting the pic simply, i decided to test on my own

I'm the Bilbao manager and i added a new manager to manage Barcelona, then I shortlisted Daniel Alves and also scouted him (interested), den use the Barca manager to offer Alves (transfer list at the same time, which is the default setting, but do not put Bilbao in the "Target Human Club" list)....and then the following happens when i switch back user to Bilbao manager...pretty much self-explanatory i guess with the pics? any 1 interested can also test out on their own

and Daniel Alves, as u know, is a 26-year-old Brazilian (yeah 2nd nationality Spanish also)

20100317213059.jpg

20100317213237.jpg

So... whats with the huge bug there o_O?

i mean i dun mean to exploit it but, its really really really annoying that I came across it in a forum and then by chance, know of such bugs...=_=

but i seriously wouldnt do the bug since playing Bilbao is...u know...should be the Bilbao way ! (Basque + under 16 or 16 year old Spanish only!)

so juz to let SI know (and to annoy ALL u Bilbao players out there as well now that u know this bug too xD)

But it is coded into the game. Every year, just to check, I try to sign a non-Basque and it won't let me. This is an interesting bug.

I never knew this, guess you learn something new everyday!!!!

I hope they dont change the codings for Athletic in 2011 to reflect the irl transfer rules

if not, the very last challenging club in FM will disappear too =/

(IMO Athletic Bilbao is even harder than Blue Square North/South, which I did play before xD)

I just loaded up a game as Athletic on 10.3 and got a message saying i couldn't sign non Basque players when I tried to bid for Diego Forlan. I think this is a hoax.

Reading through the CONTENT of my post, NOT the TITLE itself, before commenting would be really appreciated on your part. :rolleyes:

Sorry about that I get put off by the huge screenshots lol. This is a very strange bug have you tried to go all the way through with the transfer yourself?

I wonder if anyone would use this on a proper game, surely it would defeat the purpose of being Athletic.

Ok first thing, they are known as Athletic and the following rule "Basque + under 16 or 16 year old Spanish only" is not true. They can sign Basque players or players who descend from Basque parentage. So they could be French, Spanish, Irish, Dutch or South American but must have a blood link to the Basqueland. they cannot sign Spanish players who have no link to the country.

Either way, this is a clear bug. BUT I doubt very much that any Bilbao player will want to test the bug as they are more likely to want to succeed with Basque players only, sounds like a better challenge imo. :)

This also works with clubs under transfer embargo. I've had bids accepted, though admittedly no players would join me :(

I had a bid accepted for Gago, one for a Barcelona centre back (Muniesa or similar- I'm unsure on the spelling) and one for another player. All rejected me as I couldn't offer the wages they wanted.

I would want to clarify that I have been playing a proper Athletic game throughout

i went all the way to test the bug, and yeah, i could sign the non-basqu players

and @ jsolloso :

how many times do I need to mention that "Basque + under 16 or 16 year old Spanish only" is in game rule and in game coding?

Basque can be French or watever nationality, Basque is a 2nd nationality in game.

i will definitely not use this bug myself, THATS the reason why I choose to play Athletic Bilbao LOL, but know such a bug existis is kinda annoying yeah (just like the corner bug in 1030), so juz to let SI know.

Archived