Which team and rep do you choose?

Which reputation do you pick?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which reputation do you pick?

It depends who I'm going to manage and what I think is realistic. My last few saves:

FM08 - A Northern Irish team - Sunday League rep.

FM08 - England - International

FM09 - An Italian team (Lower league) - Sunday League

FM09 - All the top divisions from around Europe - Professional footballer

FM10 - Unemployed - Sunday League

for me i have 2 saves going on

Bristol city - sunday league

Fleetwood town - sunday league.

I was chosen by random for the fleetwood town (that was the random tick box when starting up) i have stopped my bristol city season due to sugardaddy takeover and after 5 seasons of having money for everything it got boring dominating it all.

Fleetwood save is going brill. 2 takeovers in 2 seasons still no funds (got no wages or transfer budget)

chairman now (im in league 2) is ready to sell again due to being almost a million in the red.

This is a real real challenge.

In all previous games I have been Sunday Footballer and managed Tamworth to Premiership glory, but in FM10 I fancied a chance to sign some top existing players before they were too old, so I went for Newcastle and made my self up as Gazza with international footballer reputation.

i usually start with man utd and choose automatic

i like being the untested, unproven manager that none of the players believe

I like to prove myself to my players before I prove myself to the world.

Usually I get the top earners say they don't feel motivated to play for me but, after we start

winning games they come around; and that's when the trophies start rolling in :D

I always select Sunday League reputation, which vastly over estimates my reputation :o.

Normally I'll do a Norwich City save, or some saves at random clubs with very few leagues selected until the Feb/March patch then do a proper career game starting unemployed with the aim of managing Norwich City.

Usually try and start each version with Ipswich but I think this will be the last time I'll do it, often struggle with chosing otherwise so have started starting unemployed, always start with international rep (except for when I tried challenges) since we had that option, though have a save where I recently started out at 'auto' and see if I could rise up but I doubt I'll spend much time on it.

Depends on the team I'm starting as.

I haven't had time to play a career game since FM08, but that would be an automatic rep, starting unemployed.

If it's a League club (eg, Leeds, Notts County) I pick ex-pro.

If it's a big team (eg, Liverpool, Man City, Barcelona) I pick ex-international.

Basically, whatever is realistic to that team.

Archived