Diet plans [Idea for future FM games]

Hey guys,

What I would like to see in one of the future games would be a diet plan. You could give commands to either the whole team or each individual to diet restrictions like some teams do in real life, and for each individual player it would have variant happiness affect as well as physical affect. Then this could also alter the player's weight and physical stats in conjunction with the amount of aerobics and strength training that he receives where the quality of those two also takes affect.

Wouldn't it make sense to have something like this implemented? For example, I heard rumors that the Arsenal team had a complete restriction on alcohol usage over a season where the team became incredibly successful. Such thing should also be controllable.

On a similar vein but not quite as detailed, how about the option to hire people like dieticians or masseurs?

real clubs have them, and the dietician might help you increase stamina and fitness a bit whilst the masseur would help with injuries and with recovery time between games.

It could just be a tick-box rather than hiring actual people, but the upside would be counterracted with a downside on your playing budget.

Might only be classed as a descision for mid to lower clubs, but it's somethingreal clubs have to think about.

No thanks. That's the job of a dietitian, not a manager. Anything that makes the game more clicky without improving enjoyment gets a no from me.

But there are no such professionals in the game or any influence from such and we do not have all the control that we need when it comes to players' fitness. This doesn't need to be complicated and it could be possible to assign a dietitian on the team to take care of this completely or be able to step in to make choices for yourself, just like you can do with the assistant manager for many things.

I had once a Kevin Nolan on my team standing at 1.83m and weighting 96kg. His stats were good but I was in no way happy about his physical figures. Ironically, there was absolutely NOTHING I could do about it with Kevin Nolan, but in real life a manager has a lot of options in a situation such as this. I also want to be able to boost players' physical stats by having them cut down on their body fat and I also want to be able to put particular players on a clean diet where it would make them more likely to get better physical stats.

Why are you guys against having this feature? Just like with training, if you have no desire to spend time managing it, you could assign it to your assistant manager, similar things should apply here. Don't we want this game to be as realistic as possible?

It's just a little *too* in depth for me and I can't see it being a great deal of fun. A bigger variety of staff could be welcome though, so a dietitian could be a new type of staff and s/he would deal with the diets etc.

There is a balance between reality and game enjoyment. We do not want to make the game so realistic that we don't enjoy it anymore. For your suggestion, you already have the training module to adjust the physicals, and the professionalism (along with other attributes) determine how the player reacts to it. I see no need to bring in the dietitians and podiatrists, the other extreme being a hand-ons manager to manage player meals and to impose player curfews and restrictions. How does it improve gameplay?

Btw weight itself has no effect on the match engine.

Archived