sick with the non-football costings

My Newcastle team is losing 5+Millions each month. Last month I just lost 7.5M, with 4M non-profit costings. :mad: My stadium is probably expanded to the max (60000 seats), as the city doesn't allow me to expand anymore. I need to offload big names each year in order the make the account balance. What else can I do?

Running a football club is very expensive.

In the lower Leagues there is a (supposed <coughNottsCountycough>) wage cap og 60% of turnover. That implies that 40% of all club turnover goes into other running costs.

Are you back in the Premier League yet? Don't orget that the income from TV in the Prem is tens of millions of pounds more than it is in the Championship.

If you lose 5m a month while filling a 60,000 stadium each week, then you are just spending too much I'd say...

However, just losing money every month is no big issue as long as at the beginning and end of the season you receive enough TV and prize money.

Do you also lose money over a season? If not, then it's really not a big issue if you lose money each month during the season as long as your balance doesn't drop so deep into the reds that you end up in administration nonetheless.

For cutting down costs the advice would be pretty obvious:

- make sure your wage structure becomes cheaper

- offload players who earn much but add little, especially offload reserve players older than 22

- buy on instalments, sell for lump sum payments

I feel your frustration. SI's decision to not expand on the non-footballing costs make the game extremely annoying. I know managers are not supposed to control such things, but the AI chairman seems to have the business sense of a rock most of the time. (Then again...Pompey....) Its fine if the AI wants to run the team into the red, but if I stay within wage budget and transfer budget why am I , the manager, being blamed for the state of the finances?

Try playing Qviding in the Sweedish divsion...rediculous.

Archived