FM10: Impossible signing in v10.3

Got anyone successful sign "BIG" player at "PEAK OF Their CAREER" (before they get old and attribute decrease). These player like Torres, C.Ronaldo , Steven Gerrard, kaka, messi, Xavi, essien, Fabregas, Buffon, etc........

Please share your story here, please stated which season or age of the player when you sign them.

Please include your team , the transfer fee too and salary and other info if you think necessary.

Out of the names mentioned there, I've managed to sign; Fabregas (1st season, roughly 45 million), Iniesta (2nd season, roughly 80 million), Torres (3rd season, roughly 30 million) and I could have signed Messi and Kaka at different stages, but backed out of both deals. I more or less negotiated a deal and transfer fee just to see if I could sign them. I've also signed Casillas for 52 million (or whatever his release clause is) in the 3rd season. All with Man City.

Edit* - Brought Kaka back to AC Milan in the third season. Can't remember the transfer fee, but I think it was about 35 million.

Out of the names mentioned there, I've managed to sign; Fabregas (1st season, roughly 45 million), Iniesta (2nd season, roughly 80 million), Torres (3rd season, roughly 30 million) and I could have signed Messi and Kaka at different stages, but backed out of both deals. I more or less negotiated a deal and transfer fee just to see if I could sign them. I've also signed Casillas for 52 million (or whatever his release clause is) in the 3rd season. All with Man City.

Edit* - Brought Kaka back to AC Milan in the third season. Can't remember the transfer fee, but I think it was about 35 million.

Torres 30m? so cheap.

How you bit for them, one time transfer or spread to monthly installment?

Torres 30m? so cheap.

How you bit for them, one time transfer or spread to monthly installment?

Liverpool were in debt + I added 50% of next sale to the deal to lower their asking price slightly. I was never gonna sell him, so it made no difference. All up front.

David Villa is play Crazy when David Silva play AM and pass hem the ball , i play with valencia and he score 45 goals in the first year only in the leage.

the only time i ever try to buy such players was on a new save with chelsea that last 1 day :) i got agüero for 60m :p

i got ribery for free at the begining of the 3rd season. and bought gourcuff for 18.5mill at the begining of the 2nd season

Had the same - also signed Chiellini for £27 million, Adler for £24 million and managed to get Iniesta for £32 million on a previous game.

I got Adler for 8 million EURO with Hoffenheim, Leverkusen were underperforming, and from the first moment i started the game, i praised Adler every 2/3 months until he got unsettled and asked for a transfer, the bids for him came flooding in but Adler choose for Hoffenheim because i got in his favourite staff list.

• 1 month later...

You can pretty much always get Aguero 2nd or 3rd season if you're a big club. The others like Ronaldo or Messi, good luck. lol. Pato moves also. Messi makes amazing 475,000 USD a week at barca!

I got Adler and Ochoa on frees with Manchester City, that sorted out my keepers for years.

100m for Cristiano Ronaldo, 120m for Messi, 60m for Benzema, 55m for Sakho, 40m for Fabregas, 55m + GARY CAHILL for Pato, 44m for Aguero, 18m for Gourcuff. All over my very long and well financed City career :p

Rene Adler signed for me for £9m, you have to remember that big name players playing well for clubs who don't need to sell = hugely inflated prices.

Portsmouth in January of the 1st season hadn't gone into administration yet, and wanted £15m for Nadir Belhadj, at the end of the season they needed to sell despite his good form and I got him for £2.2m. Adebayor was going last season for £3m on my save, because he wasn't in the lineup at Man City, Fenerbache beat me to the signing of him, and now they want £25m for him.

If they do poorly you can pick them up cheaply, but if they perform well then they're going to cost a bomb.

Ribery 2nd Season: £82m

Torres 2nd Season: £101m

Fabregas 3rd Season: £60m

Casillas 3rd Season: £52m

:) City also.

First season Ribery $90m

Second season, Luka Modric $60m and Van DerVaart $30m All at City

First Season Rooney $130m

Second season Fabregas $ 110m at Madrid

• 3 weeks later...
why can't i sign steven gerrard with man city?

Probably wants to stay with Liverpool. Same happening with me, I've taken Torres and Reina to Eastlands but Gerrard won't join them, despite the fact that Liverpool were relegated.

Got Gourcuff on a free in my fourth season as Leeds - he was worth £28 mil!

The highest I have ever seen any computer controlled club pay for a player happened literally 10 minutes ago, when man Utd bought Pato for £63 mil.

at my beloved Manchester city. ive had all the in different saves. but in my current - Fabregas - £46.5M, Messi £120M. i know my squad was complete and didnt need anything else! Aguero - £52M

I got Milevskiy on a free at the start of the third season in a patched up 10.2 game for only £25k (as Betis manager). I was well pleased with this as some big clubs were sniffing around him.

I got him on my third season in my Reading save he fired me to Carling cup and Europa league success he is a beast if played correctly.

Got Fabregas at 32 when Arsenal managed to spend themselves into administration for 12m. Only other decent (not *quite*) world class players I've gotten without a lot of hastle and a massive overspend were Mirko Vucinic for 21m and Antonio Cassano for 17m. Both wanted quite reasonable wages too (50kish iirc).

As Man City I got Aguero 1st season for £52m (his release clause) but had to offer ridiculous wages as he was not interested at first - something like £160,000 per week. Same save, I got David Villa for around £30m and Sebastian Frey for £15m.

Also at some point bought David Villa (on 10.1) in the first Jan transfer window for around £50m + one player whom I can't remember, possibly Petrov. And Dzeko for £10m + Adebayor (had to pay some wages to Adebayor too, around £30,000 a week, but thought sod it; it's only a game).

Chiellini came 1st season with Man City on both 10.1 and 10.2, not as much as I thought he'd be. Around £30m? Can't remember exactly.

When I moved to Real Madrid I signed David Silva for £30(ish)million and Dzeko for £22million, although couldn't get him to perform.

Agreed fees for Kaka and Messi in the past, but never managed to sign them.

Essentially, it's all the mega money big clubs who can sign these players. Just like in real life.

The best I've done was Manuel Neuer on a free with Zenit. I don't think they wanted to go to clubs like Tianjin TEDA, Guangdong Rizhiquan, Lisburn Distillery, and Gillingham... :(

By the time I did go to a big club they were all old and everyone were newgens. :p

I just had a 115 million bid and 2 youngsters accepted for ronaldo. Im in my second season now as man utd.

Im gonna try and get messi next season.....

Just completed the signing :D

He capped his debut with a goal which is always nice.....even during preseason

Archived